[iOS] Tensor - Kit & Pattern Randomizer for the Model line

Resistance is futile…

1 Like

have TestFlight installed what’s the code for this?

never mind

dangnammit definitely need a set up step by step vid for this one, oh my timid brain.
following the instructions in the help but having a bit of user error.

Do not own a m:s but for the cycle, I absolutely love tensor , esp the fact that I can have the whole picture of the six tracks in front of my eyes ! The populate functions are really cool and I already made a bunch of solid interesting ideas with it.
Make a pattern, tensor it a bit, adjust manually, tensor variations, final manual adjust, enjoy !

What’s the problem? Make sure M:C / M:S is set to the required settings as denoted in the Help Menu…In the upper left MIDI menu, make sure the ports you will use to connect to the device are selected.

ok, will give it another try tonight… when you randomize something does it happen in realtime or do you have to send it from the app to the. unit?

For Sounds / Kits: I use CC’s whenever possible (immediate), but if there are large changes or parameters which don’t respond to CC I use Kit Sysex (1-2 seconds)

Patterns: These must always be explicitly sent with the SEND PTN button, as Patterns are large. They take around 5-6 seconds to be processed by the M:S / M:C

3 Likes

So happy for this app to exist as your Harmonix the best app for the digitone BUT that is not part of my gear anymore while I cant wait for the Cycles to land and test this App instead… I can see already countless hours of fun…

2 Likes

Update Out:

• Added Trap Pattern Type
  • Added more Note functions to the Advanced Pattern Page
  • Various improvements for the M:C Kit Creation
  • Bug fixes
4 Likes

I’m changing the Pattern Creator Functions to be more like those of Collider, so more can fit. After that, the free BETA will be over, so if you have any requests for the initial release please let me know. Obviously I will keep adding more things as time goes on (P-Locks, Performance, Save / Load, etc…)

1 Like

It looks like the OverBridge 2 is not for Cycles and I wonder how difficult can it be to read presets from Cycles and list them ( eventually ) to organise them properly? Asking as I will get the Cycles beginning next week :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, I don’t know the protocol for requesting stuff from the File System as it’s not public ;[

Update Out:

• Added preliminary support for P-Lock Randomization
  • Changed Pattern Creator UI & added more functions
  • Much improved Trap Patterns
  • The 808 Kit for the M:C is no longer static
  • Fixed encoding / decoding of Trigless Locks & Retrig Fade
  • Pattern changes are now added to the Undo / Redo
  • Various fixes & improvements

Note: P-Lock randomization will try to keep things musical, & only lock the value a little bit away from it’s current value (no super wild locks). You can use other functions to increase / decrease that range or Morph the value.

5 Likes

Update Out:

• More P-Lock functions and bug fixes
  • Added indicator showing the # of used P-Locks
  • Minor UI changes

Edit

Another Update:

• Added some Global Options
  • Bug fixes
  • Minor UI Changes
3 Likes

@mekohler I apologize if you already answered this question, but is there any possability of this being ported over to Android or Windows at any point?

If not is it possible for people that are able to use the app to make and share the resulting patches with someone else via a zip?

Nah, I don’t have any Android / Windows device :[

It would be hard to share the Kits / Patterns created by the app because there are an infinite amount. The best you could hope for is someone uses Tensor to create a curated soundpack.

1 Like

Update Out:

• Added more Global Options
  • Improved + Algorithm function for P-Locks
  • Increased Morphing Chance for Parameters
  • Improved MFX Randomization
  • Minor UI Changes
  • Bug Fixes & Optimizations
3 Likes

Thanks, for uknown reason I can make sounds but it won’t receive patterns, I managed to track down the receive CC and Encoders and all tracks are on MIdi out … connecting through network, I hope that as soon as I can grab a CK from apple it will more straigh forward. Maybe if I set it on on TRK 1…

You have a mac and are using macOS’s Audio MIDI Setup to route the iPad to the Network? When you hit GET PTN or SEND PTN, do you see the little red indicators in that app showing data transfer? Also, try the macOS app Midi Monitor to see if the sysex is going through. If you are using a DAW or other weird program to route the sysex, it could be dropping the Pattern sysex because of the large size.

Here is a pic of my setup:

MK3 is the name of my iPad, and I use the Live Routing feature to route the data directly.

Here is MIDI Monitor showing what happens when I hit GET PTN:

Also, make sure your Model device is on the latest OS, and you are in Tensor’s appropriate mode (Cycles / Samples)…remember, Patterns are received immediately by Tensor, but they take 6 seconds to send to the device. If you have shitty WIFI, it could also be dropping the Pattern packets…I’ve experienced that a few times in all my apps over the course of these years, but not often.

1 Like