[iOS] Tensor - Kit & Pattern Randomizer for the Model line

Yeah, eventually I’ll have more options for that, I just wanted to implement the basic one quickly while I have the mental energy :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Update:

• Poly Kit now uses the Gate toggle, oops!
  • Improved various Sound Design functions
  • Bug Fix: CTRL ALL was not working with Punch / Gate for the M:C
2 Likes

Not via USB. iOS/iPadOS does not support aggregate audio devices the way Mac OS does. So you can’t connect two USB audio devices at the same time to an iPad and simultaneously record audio.

Yeah I ended up figuring that out after posting. Though I did learn my audio interface would work so that is fine if I need to record there.

I took the leap based on wanting to try the Tensor app alone and got a used iPad. Going to also make sure to grab all the free apps right now like the Moog one.

Update:

• Poly Kit Improvements
  • Minor Bug Fixes
  • Minor UI Changes
2 Likes

How does the Poly actually work? should I have the Poly template open in Live? Somehow I feel that the Cycles engine is different from what the Digitone sound like once is crafted out with Harmonix… kind of more … deep…especially the pads… anyway top app

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone has made a video to show Tensor in action ? Thanks !

The Poly Kit just makes all Tracks the same sound (using Tone or Chord)…With the Poly Voice Allocation feature, you can play a keyboard and send the MIDI to Tensor…Tensor will take care of the voice assignment and send the notes to free Tracks, simulating a 6 voice synth. Obviously this works best when every track is a similar synth sound, which is why I made the Poly Kit.

4 Likes

Thanks… . waiting for my CCK as ipad through network is such a pain

1 Like

Update:

• Added Dynamics function for the M:S
  • Improved Dynamics function for the M:C
  • Minor UI Changes
  • Optimizations
3 Likes

Update:

• Improved Randomization on the M:C
  • Dub, Hip-Hop, Trap, & Hybrid Patterns are now engine-dependent on the M:C
2 Likes

Update:

• Replaced the One-Shot toggle on the M:S with a Track Type selection (Sample, One-Shot, Kick, Snare, Perc, Single Cycle)…this helps Tensor with Randomization and Pattern Generation
1 Like

Apologies if this is a dum question or has been asked before, but can I use Tensor on both M:C and M:S at the same time whilst still sending clock and transport to M:C via midi?

Not sure how that would work, as you can only select one outgoing Interface Port in Tensor…I’m sure there are overlaps in CC’s between the machines…The sysex would be fine (Patterns and Kits)…maybe if you had the 6 Tracks on the M:S and M:C all have different channels? I have not tested how the Model line responds to sysex / CC while receiving clock.

1 Like

Update:

• Added Option CTRL ALL Is Relative…disable this if you want the same values to be applied to all Tracks when using CTRL ALL
  • Patterns are now sent with a generated name
  • Improved Trap Pattern for the M:C
  • Minor UI Changes
4 Likes

Update:

• Pitch is now a high-resolution parameter & will use the Kit Sysex only when necessary
  • Bug Fix: fixed encoding / decoding of Pitch & LFO Depth P-Locks
  • New icon

I’d appreciate any suggestions before I remove the Beta and start submitting it to Apple :+1:t3:

4 Likes

A function to p-locks all the machines and notes on every active step could be interesting to have a sequence rolling while playing other things on the pads.

Ex :
I have a poly synth running and I can play a beat on the pads.
Or
I have a beat running and I can play a 6 notes melody on the pads.

That is actually the way I use mine, but it is tedious to program ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The machine P-Lock would be random? Or you want it to lock to the currently active machine?

I do have an Algorithm (machine) P-Lock function, but it’s semi-random…the Random Notes function also won’t necessarily touch every step.

I can add a function called ??? that does both things you want, however.

1 Like

Basically, what I had in mind was :

I have a pattern that I’m happy with and want to be able to free the pads to play something “else” on top of it…
So each step which have an active trig would be plocked on every parameter the pad could influence…

That’s just an idea, not sure if many would use this feature though… :slight_smile:

Will put in a look, thanks so much for your efforts here!

To give back, anything under-tested that you’d want hammered away at?

1 Like