Is a good time to buy a Digitone?

I’d get the keys as it has 8 track outs. Its form factor isn’t that cute of course.

1 Like

Always a good time.
There’s a keyboard one on Gumtree that keeps tempting me…

9 Likes

Thank you very much for your time, and your positive words…everything you say is very accurate.
I’ll buy it, it’s already decided.

2 Likes

Finally my intuition has not disappointed me, tomorrow we will know what surprise Elektron has for us, after listening to the sound samples, I still think that Digitone is what I need. (Until my wallet recovers) :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I was about to say, even though the DN is amazing on its own… the Syntakt does have some very metallic/dark sounds to it! Decisions… decisions :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

You need both

3 Likes

Was just going to say that. I’ve got DN and will be getting a Syntakt too - when the first round of likely bugs get sorted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have waited until today for Syntakt, and although I know that possibly in the future I will go for it, it’s only been 5 minutes since I bought Digitone, I need it in my arsenal!

Syntakt is primarily a drum machine, so at the moment my drumset is covered with the combo; Model:Samples + MPC One + Digitone

I need to see other users expose the full potential of Syntakt, to know if I really need it, and if so, next year for sure… :ecstatic:

4 Likes

Congrats on the DN! Bet you are quite excited

1 Like

The two machines operate very differently, even taking into account the voice differences…

Digitone wants to be a musical instrument but operates just fine as a drum machine. Syntakt wants to be a drum machine but operates just fine as a musical instrument.

Which do you want to battle most to make it do the thing it doesn’t want to be?

5 Likes

Ha, that’s a great way to formulate the differences between those two :+1:

1 Like

DN offers way deeper levels of control over every single parameter which I do prefer. But that’s just me being a nerdy sound design freak.

I absolutely see the point of getting an ST, though. :grimacing:

1 Like

Or when you want a broader sound palette or want to play and sequence chords up to 8 notes yourself on a keyboard, DN is still the machine to go for.

Yeah, the more sound demo’s appear, the more ST reveals how great it sounds :wink:

I don’t like this comment, how’s is it not cute? Compared to every other synth with keys, it looks completely mental… I have about 7 or 8 synth’s around in my studio and the dtk is by far the coolest looking one… I think it is one of the coolest looking synth’s ever… Only thing cooler looking is the music easel I think… I could write books on how cool this thing is… it is the only elektron that you can actually play too… it is just so freaking cool…

4 Likes

The only current offering with a proper keyboard. But look at the now-discontinued Analog Keys. That was arguably a better design. (I have a DK and while there is much I like about it, there is definitely some awkwardness.)

I love your passion for the keys, it’s infectious!

What always appealed to me as much as the (from what I hear) excellent quality keybed is the additional performance controls.

3 Likes

I agree. I have read so much from how “awkward” DTK is.
I disagree. I think the design is unique, and totally cool.

5 Likes

I don’t think Elektron will release a MKII any time soon, so grab one. The only negative about buying a new one right now is that prices are a bit higher right now than before, at least here in Sweden.

1 Like

Only meant that it’s not small and desktop fit like other elektron boxes. I like synth with keys as well.