Isla S2400

12 bit mostly. Going below 8 and there’s too many artifacts(why is this last word coming up as a misspell?). The Hi-fi sounds great.

1 Like

Artefacts ?

Its Artifact though?

Could be, I’m not a native speaker. Would it be a UK vs USA English thing?

1 Like

Im not sure. I’ll take the UK version anytime though :slight_smile:

1 Like

A quick search tells me artefact is the original UK version :blush:

Enout off topic for me, sorry for the noise!

Sick, think I’ll jump on this. Just hoping it won’t be to much of a culture shock coming from two decades of MPC use, which I eventually ran into the ground.

1 Like

If you like low bit rate crunch and the rossum filters, its totally worth learning the different style of machine.

1 Like

Lol. Artifact is the American English your right. :slight_smile:

1 Like

posted this over at the Isla forum but figured I should ask here too. I;ve been through all my sync settings numerous times and can’t for the life of me figure this out.

help please!

clocking S2400 via analog in (clock in speed set to 16ths) via Ableton using an ERM multiclock which outputs analog clock, everything works solid. I change bpm on Ableton, S2400 syncs to same tempo.

but as soon as I plug a usb cable out from S2400 USB B port to enable audio over usb on my Mac, clock triples in speed and not an exact multiplication. goes from 100 bpm to 410 bpm.

I had this exact set up working a few days ago, clock speed was set to 16ths on the Isla and was locking no problem and using Isla usb input over audio to record.

I’ve since tried every clock setting but nothing syncs correctly when usb lead is plugged in. I’ve unchecked all the boxes on the USB sync settings, but still no joy.

if I use the ERM to sync via midi with USB cable plugged in, Isla again, syncs no problem. just the analog clock in that’s causing issues. tired two different usb leads too which work with my other devices.

any help gratefully appreciated.

Had this in the mail the other day. Counting down the hours.

2 Likes

I really want this beast but can’t justify the vat and shipping to U.K.
I should be grateful really but she-it I’m missing out here…
Let’s see what this update brings :muscle:

3 Likes

There was a 200 off the price flash sale that ends at midnight tonight using LIVESTREAM as the code.

2 Likes

16 voice polyphony. I‘m in awe.

3 Likes

Oof, still nowhere near ‘feasible’ :disappointed:
If they even sent a handful to a U.K. dealer I’m sure they’d be sold before arrival…
Geewhiz grandpa!

EDIT send ME 10 and I’ll sell them :muscle:
9 left

1 Like

From 8 to 16’voices? That’s not an update but a new machine or 2 times a Sp1200 islake S2400

2 Likes

Yeah by the way we’ve doubled polyphony. No biggie :joy:

4 Likes

I love how nonchalantly they dropped these news.

1 Like

We did like kinda of an update, maybe you like or don’t. Just try if you want see y’all.

1 Like

I expect it’s about the same in the end. It’s $1750 now with shipping and tax in the US.

If you paid the GBP exchange rate with the 200 off it would be about 1150 pounds before shipping, vat and duties.

I mean I get if that isn’t doable. But it’s not technically more expensive for the U.K. overall. You get a good exchange rate but take a bath on fees.

ETA The flash sale of $200 off has been extended to Sunday. Just use code LIVESTREAM on checkout.

2 Likes