Isla S2400

Not that you weren’t convinced. Fun combo.

5 Likes

The S2400 is great as an interface with class compliant track streaming across all tracks. One of many big reasons it stays in my setup. Really wish the Digi boxes worked this way! Fine in the DAW though (for now ).

3 Likes

2023-04-28 Update

I stumbled upon this update. In case anyone else missed it. Mainly bug fixes but there are some new features as well.

4 Likes

Need help. How do I assign a specific kit to a pattern? Seems like when I load a kit it plays across all my patterns. I’m wanting kit per pattern. Thanks.

It won’t do that afaik.

1 Like

Can someone tell me how the midi update from march works? Referring to root note/scale type for midi tracks? In which way is this implemented?

Yeah, samples are saved in a slot per project not per pattern. Gotta find work arounds. It doesn’t have an elektron workflow or ideology that’s for sure.

Shift+pad and then change pitch scale from chromatic to one of the provided scales. Set Pitch mode on and now the sliders will correspond to the selected scale.

Thanks! Almost like a step sequencer work flow?

Just got one of these bad boys in to sit in my lounge next to the record player.
Anybody got any hot tips, input or reviews they feel like sharing? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just received one second hand today. It is wobbling a bit. Is this common or have I gotten warped version?

What’s wobbling, do you mean it’s unstable on a flat surface? Brad has addressed this a lot since launch, you can loosen the screws on the feet and tighten them back up to achieve balance.

1 Like

I had one that was a little wobbly. I took the feet off of one side of the unit, and swapped them front to back, and that actually worked for me. You can also email them and they can give you instructions on loosening certain screws on the body, or something like that, I can’t remember.

1 Like

Yea exactly. I will try this

Thanks. Will give it a go

1 Like

Part of me keeps wondering about this because I’ve always loved the sound of the SP1200, and the idea of one. Reading positive comments about the preamps and the quality of the analog summing is also pretty appealing, but I think it’d only make sense to me if it could become my ‘it sequences everything and everything goes through it’ box.

I’d be very surprised if it did, but does this have any way to ‘resume’ a sample partway through without the initial trigger? Like, say if you had the start event for a sample in a previous pattern and were now looping and editing the next pattern, would you hear that sample?

This is something Renoise calls ‘autoseek’, and I think I might miss it too much if it’s not there.

In fact, do any hardware samplers at all have that sort of functionality?