Isla S2400

Must not preorder!!! help!

2 Likes

it will

3 Likes

what are your thoughts on it comparing to something like the digitakt?

I want this machine a lot. Big fan of Isla Instruments, Brad is an absolute legend making machines that need to exist on his own terms. The KordBot is wicked and this will be too.

2 Likes

Delayed till late October.

1 Like

He seems to be doing a good job developing this, he’s honest and open about how it’s put together despite the bull#£I! I’ve seen on forums … I hope it’s a big success for them.

4 Likes

I wonder if it will be distributed to retailers in the EU/UK.

Shipping costs + tax will make this a 2000EUR sampler when the introduction price is done (in a week or so).

Watching this tentatively

…2027

2 Likes

Is there a feature overview video out there anywhere? Everything I’m finding seems to be progress updates.

1 Like

Not available atm. Developer said new vids soon in the latest stream.

probably only from their website, as he mentioned a couple of times in videos

Yea I thought so, don’t need it anyway but would have been cool to try out just for a few weeks.

1 Like

Prices going up to retail price of $1500 after today. an increase from $945. Brad said he has held off increasing the price as long as he could. So i guess last chance if you want it at low price.

1500$ is overpriced for this piece of kit imho but anyway. No distributer in the EU = no buy.

1 Like

I agree i wouldn’t pay that much but some will. I purchased with the case at the lower price. I live in England so will no doubt have the usual charges.

1 Like

Can’t wait to hear how the production units work. Lots to like about it . The cost and no UK distributor puts me off. I’d rather go for an OT for the money I think? Sampler conundrums … I’d love a modern sampler with an old school signal pathway . Got high hopes for the new OTO box to hook into my DJS for this.

Can the Isla provide something new to the sampling world? I’ve got lost on the whole SP retro sound fetish . Is that it ?

Edit , god I come across way too negative in this . So edited it back into the light , best wishes to Brad and care on getting this across the line

4 Likes

I have been waiting for these to get into customers hands to get some reviews before I pull the trigger. $949 is a decent price, but if this goes up to $1,500, then it is a definite no-go for me.

2 Likes

For that price, I’m not really sure what this will do that an OT or AR (or lots of other samplers) couldn’t do better. Plus, I tried to watch some of that live stream but it was too messy. Happy to be proved wrong, but echoing the earlier comment that it’s overpriced and seems to be playing on people’s nostalgia.

3 Likes