Jamuary 2022

5 Likes

Wanted to make something today that was dark n epic sounding, movie theme like but I still wanted to have a groove n a catchy hook running through it.

Using DT and DN and first time sampling my guitar into the DT and messing about, never tried it before, was fun!

5 Likes

I try to work in different styles every day through the month.
Today I decided to use percussion only.
Stormdrum 3 and Superior Drummer 3.

The first jam in this year where I used a DAW.

8 Likes

This was from a few days ago. Rev 2 proceeded on the iPad.

Managed to get a couple of hours yesterday messing with older bits of audio on the iPad, running of effects with AUM. The audio in this case comes from the Model Cycles.

And finally today’s effort - again some older audio roughly sequences and processed in AUM.

5 Likes

Had a bash on the train at Cuckoos uplifting challenge. Not exactly what I planned but what I managed in an hour…

Korg ms-20 samples for all drums and sfx, op-z synth engines for everything else.

2 Likes

I’m not managing a recording every day, but I’m tinkering. One of my rough plans for much of this year is to make an “ep” (whatever that might mean) for each of two or three of my synths, and Octatrack. There’ll be a month or so of sketching and a month or so of trying to pull together a releasable collection based on the sketches. So I’ve spent the weekend setting up OT + Rev2 and trying to get a workflow going. Here’s the first two examples, from today. Most of the sounds are self-made (with one factory preset doing the bass in one of them). (sorry, not edited at all, so really messy).

5 Likes

my only Jam this month so far since I don’t have the time for a daily, but I hope to do more.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYhtbFZBCnc/

Just an Octatrack MK1.

6 Likes

Happy January 9th folks :slight_smile:

My first entry using any real sequencing. Piano + ND + Deluge beats

4 Likes

addictive drums, repro-1 bass, clips from the “to kill a mockingbird” soundtrack:

8 Likes

I’m a bit behind on posting, but here’s today’s jam:

And here’s Thursday’s jam.

7 Likes

J9

#jamuary
#jamuary2022
sherman filterbank
emerald ox chaos slop
convologyxt reverb
bitwig

5 Likes
11 Likes

day 10 rollout to no where

16 Likes

@waftlord Proper elektroning there.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Made it to 10! A minor pentatonic strat noodle over a beat was all I could muster today and that even has to fade out after a minute because it went horribly wrong courtesy of it being in e-flat throwing me off completely. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway…

9 Likes

Still rolling and really like todays wee idea.
Manther into Eventide PitchFactor into Digitone, resulting in a moody, watery piece.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYjWCb8J3X-/?utm_medium=copy_link

4 Likes

Hello ! My Jam is the number one for jamuary-2022. This is an experimental setup for me today.
Steampunk synthesizer
Roland TR-6S
loopy pro ios app
Korg NanoKontrol2 Steampunk synth J jam #jamuary2022 - YouTube

5 Likes

A sloppy jam in 10 for Jan 10 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Day 10th is one of these “it’s not very good is it?” days. It happens!

8 Likes