Jamuary 2022

Thanks man! Glad you liked it :raised_hands:

That’s the amazing thing about this forum and Jamuary: You get so many impressions of the fantiastic music everybody is making. Different styles and use of the instruments.
It’s like traveling to foreign countries, you always return with a widened mind.

2 Likes

I’m enjoying your Jamuarys. Your grooves give me Beastie vibes. :raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

12 delve

7 Likes

Many thanks! :pray:

1 Like

Here’s a Dubby Techno session with LXR-02 & Digitakt:

6 Likes

Really nice jam!

1 Like

Not sure this counts, but an early technical glitch (no audio on a TR8S jam I recorded) and in the absence of enough time I’ve gone acoustic for day 12!!

Listening to the recording back I was struck by how certain slide phrases can sound 303ish, might sample this and see if I can turn it into something acid!!

3 Likes

Jamuary entry #2

working on keeping loops changing, ie not letting them get “stale”

1 pattern only

Octatrack
Machinedrum
Moog Sirin
Nord Drum 3P

7 Likes

Here is a moody piece with two guitars and a loop made on the Octatrack for Jamuary 12th 2022. Cheers!

8 Likes

Number 12! 0-Coast into Quintessence for chords loop, Volcas for percussion, psychedelic guitar noodling on top with a freezing pitched down Particle every now and then and lots of verb 'n delay. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Jam #12 A groovy-droney tune with the Rytm II, P-Bass, Guitar, Arp Odyssey, OB6, & some Spitfire strings. Tracking with SSL Six and a few pedals like the Spaceman Delta II Trem & Strymon Dig.

10 Likes

Here’s a lil diddy with Rytm, M32, and O-Coast with a little help from Avalanche Run. Great submissions everyone!

7 Likes

#3. A little journey at 130bpm.

5 Likes

J12
Something Darker
Essentially just plugins, samples, and bitwig
…oh and some guttural mumbling

6 Likes

Today was tough but glad I summoned the energy and will.

Today was essentially a workout and bit of learning around live resampling on the Octatrack for transitioning through and allowing a techno piece to evolve.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYpMGRKp1Zp/?utm_medium=copy_link

2 Likes

Today I decided to get away from my desk and grabbed my PO-133, phone, necessary cables, cassette player, and some old Walkman headphones.

I sampled from a cassette (labeled “Easy Listening,” likely someone’s old mixtape) that I bought yesterday at a thrift store for $0.25. Everything else I sampled from Garageband on my phone, plus a beatboxed hihat that i recorded in with the PO-133’s onboard mic.

As for the track itself, it’s a teeny-tiny DJ set, with three micro ideas one after the other, all played live in one take. It is by no means “good” music, but it was definitely fun to make.

Skip to 1:40 if you want to hear the “best” part.

Cheers :grin:

7 Likes

another one before dinner:

9 Likes

cool very jazzy!

my second Jamuary session

6 Likes

As part of a new collab channel, we’ve just released a first bit of jamming for Jamuary. Fully made on the OP-Z.

8 Likes