Jamuary 2022

Care to share the source? The air around the drums and that spartan slap bass hit made me think of an old jungle record by Photek or Source Direct.

Nice jam, too!

1 Like

J13

you fat sloppy pig

6 Likes

hell yeah. this one’s a slow burn. so good!

3 Likes

Day 13: a jam without a set tempo. I ended up REALLY pushing myself out of my comfort zone. It’s not the cleanest nor my favorite, but I’m proud of getting it done and feeling confident enough to share. The power of Jamuary!

8 Likes

Playing with what the Deluge/Blackbox can do to a little piano improv

8 Likes

using MCLs mixer page here for selected func+param control on chosen tracks.

12 Likes

I love this! sounds great

This one sorta came out of nowhere and I’m happy with how it worked out!

9 Likes

@waftlord Impressive, again. I love those sounds. You have an interesting track setup on your md. I think you’re heavily using the neighbour-machines from the X0.5 firmware. Could you describe that a little bit?

I think there’s just 1 EV and UC in that one on 7 & 8, continually morphing the synth rom on 6.
Kick snare on 4, 5
Polysix unison bass sample on 3
Two poly FM sounds 9-12, 13-16

1 Like

Trippy man! Love the OP-1

1 Like

6 Likes

I know right? I always feel like it’s very limited, but then I learn a new workflow/skill, and find ways to implement it in the OP-1. It’s a gift that keeps on giving.

1 Like

its really fun to do on the fly jams or use with other gear. I like to get a bassline and percussion going on my synths and use the OP-1 for chord stabs and flavor.

1 Like

4 track Digitakt jam

6 Likes

Nice!

Some of the arps toward the beginning sound a little like some of the guitar lines in Panama (Van Halen) :wink:

1 Like

I like this! I’ve been wanting to do more mellow funky stuff lately especially with pitch-bent basses like that. Some of my favorite music is old SID tunes by the Vibrants (Metal especially) which has that feel to it. I never remember that this is what I want to do when I sit down to make music though. I need to tattoo it on my forehead. :smiley:

1 Like

Well, I wanted to reply to several people about their tracks, but suffice to say that I’m really liking all of them. :smiley:

5 Likes

#14 Ambient film noodles with the OB6 & Nightsky.
Additionally, ARII, Minitaur & Odyssey.

8 Likes

Thanks @J3RK! I really like that kind of bass too.

1 Like