Jamuary 2023

Drums are nice. They sampled or sequenced?

1 Like

Thanks mate!

It’s a couple of sampled drum loops :metal:

1 Like

Cool. I’ve been trying sampled drum loops now too as a palette cleanser from designing everything.

I feel like they are as important as any other music creation device even though I own many drum machines and synthesizers.

Especially since I want to up my quantity of track uploads for Jamuary.

I figure they will also influence my production and I will have a broader range when coming up with stuff on my own.

1 Like

Number 14! This one’s for @BLKrbbt as I tried my hand at some drum n bass esque stuff :joy: OT + DN

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Lennart Verhoeff (@pixeltuner)

5 Likes

Yo, that is a great contrast from the light twinkling arp, to the dark reese-y bass.

1 Like

Getting into the groove of just… making random stuff. I’m not sure the bassline really fits in the rest of this, but it’s fun anyway, so.

4 Likes

Thanks! ^^ I sorta had to otherwise the mix was a complete mess :smiley:

1 Like

made a beat this morning that made me realize im gonna take a couple days off. this has been super fun and inspiring so far but now that im on a trip its more of a chore. but looking forward to getting back in with a fresh perspective next week!

3 Likes

New format of short streams for 15-20 mins: Imaginary Invasion - Modular Sketchbook Episode 1 (Jamuary) - YouTube

1 Like

I said I wasn’t going to do one today on account of my gig tonight but I woke up too early and couldn’t get back to sleep. Which left me only one course of action.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnZtK7hJLKc/

4 Likes

Jamuary Jam number 2

I’m trying to explore other time signatures so this is in 10/8 inspired by Radiohead.

All done in Bitwig with V Collection and Fabfilter

7 Likes

Day 14

5 Likes

Second iteration of front-porch funk

press play for saucy guitar licks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This one did not come out as planned. I think I overcooked the low notes and some of the high notes. More subtlety is needed – I could never sleep to this one.

6 Likes

Jus the Yamaha Reface DX through Serge Resonant EQ. Looping the Reface and “playing” the ResEQ and adding some other little trills and melodies on top.

4 Likes

The thing I’m enjoying about Jamuary is not really wasting time fretting about whether the music is the stuff I really want to make - I’m just getting stuck in.

Like for this one I thought I’d try something synthwavey- never tried it before, loads of fun! The result is overbassy and bit simple, but I may actually come back to this and clean it up… probably won’t make any more synthwave, but enjoyed trying…

4 Likes

I like it!

1 Like

Did this for the sample flip challenge, and it’s… something.

I made another silly video for a v2:

4 Likes

You know me so well.

1 Like

Had an idea that got away from me, but I liked this better. It just way too late to turn in a full thing.

Trilian on Bass, Addictive Drums and Addictive Keys.

3 Likes