Jamuary 2023

Again, right next to @no-thanks!

More technical failures today. My DAW became a crashfest right at the very end. Ah, it happens.

This is a chill peace I think.

I recorded a bunch of nonsense on guitar, then looped a section I liked. Loaded up mellotron pro and started building from there. I played in the bass with Trillian. This was fun and I hope to come back to this later.

5 Likes

Adding ethnic elements to electronic music :slight_smile:

6 Likes

No jam a day as I am in the busiest month this year so far :slight_smile:

Keen to follow this thread

5 Likes

I dig the SubH melody. Love to know how you got it sequenced. It sounds like its more than two 4 step sequences.

1 Like

Enjoyed the sounds AND the setup - looks really nice and tidy, yet accessible.

1 Like

Wow, all these people doing a jam a day… I can barely squeeze out one each week :joy:

Here is my second, featuring the Digitone and the Minitaur.

4 Likes

my coworker showed me a mouth harp the other week! very very cool, i love how well it fits with the other gear.

1 Like

7:25am. This is possible because I woke up at 4:10 :0(

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cnj7SFXpME9/

2 Likes

mmmmm 1.17 is so nice, such soft lil melodies. i like what you got going on friend

1 Like

Couldn’t sleep last night, so started with a reel on Morphagene into Rings in (which I’ve done way to little of), and suddenly it was one in the morning and this fell out. Finished it off today.

5 Likes

So clumsy but I don’t have time for another take. Simple electronica with A4 and DT:

5 Likes

Day 18

4 Likes

Thank you so much!! It’s being sequenced by the DT, I patched clock out to play to stop the internal sequencer and then you just have to delay the first note on the DT by a tick and voila!

1 Like

I really appreciate, thanks friend :purple_heart: I keep running into imposter syndrome with these and your kind words mean a lot

Thank you so much!! I moved at the end of last year and am really happy with how I was able to get things set up here. Really appreciate it!

Sounds about right! :joy:

disco (1)

The advice is clearly paying off

Another load of lovely jams - I’m impressed with the quality everyone is managing to maintain - ‘jams’ is really under-selling a lot of this work tbh

1 Like

last two days
day 17 (MD + MnM, as i suck in music theory i tried to experiment with modes : every pattern is written in a different one)

day 18 (modular synth : generative patch with a vco lowered to min to generate clics and modulate a filter, semi-random digital noise into rings, plaits with a dx algo for the last layer)

2 Likes

Water Temple is really dope - the artwork is Midjourney?

made a fun one now that im back in my home studio space. unfortunately i caught covid on my trip but fortunately its very mild, so more tune time! really like the routine of making most of the track on the m8 and then throwing synth lines, so cathartic.

3 Likes

Day 18! Bit of a kitchen sink approach today. Still a bit vintage but synthwave? Bit messy as well :joy: OT, MC707, DN & Micron

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Lennart Verhoeff (@pixeltuner)

3 Likes