Just joined the Digitone family

Hello,

Finally, after quite a while juggling between the prospect of buying a Digitone or a Digitone Keys, I found a used Digitone that was like mint.

I really enjoy it so far. A bit lost in the copy/pastes but there is a small song coming out of it !

Here is my setup (I’m a guitarist, not a synth player).

Best wishes,

17 Likes

Your a guitarist for now… A whole lot of us started as guitarist… lol. Welcome to the black hole!!

3 Likes

Congrats!! Digitone is awesome, enjoy!!!

2 Likes

You went from monologue and rd-8 straight to digitone? damn.
it took me years of trying out and flipping hardware to realise how good digitone is.

I hope you enjoy it just as i did! And dont get discouraged if sound design feels difficult.
Sooner or later it will click and start being second nature.

Excited to hear the song!

2 Likes

Congrats on your purchase from another Digitone lover!

The glass of water on the table somewhat spoiled my enjoyment of the photo!

2 Likes

welcome and time to consider “no glass of … near gear” policy

but enjoy the delightful Digitone:)

3 Likes

I went from an OPZ to the Digitone. Now its hard to find anything in the price range that beats it

2 Likes

its hard to find anything that beats it, in any price category :ecstatic:

2 Likes

I keep finding new sounds.

My Analog Four MkII is not remarkably far ahead of it either sound wise and that thing is a beast.

Digitone is a fantastic synth that punches well above its weight

3 Likes

I cant look at that picture anymore

1 Like

Haha. I took notice. It won’t happen again ! :slight_smile: :cup_with_straw: :musical_keyboard:

2 Likes

I like to take the cases off my instruments to show the cool inner parts. While this is going on, I like to take a glass of water and balance it on a marble on the same desk.

Primo setup

1 Like

Do you think Digitone and A4 are a great combo for someone new to elektron boxes? Already have a sampler and thinking of going down this road… :slight_smile:

Once upon a time I was a bass player. I didn’t know at the time, but that was just my larval form. :rofl:

2 Likes

Well the A4 is 2x the price of the Digitone and to be honest, it’s not 2x the synth.

However, that is due to the Digitone being so capable, not the A4 lacking.

I had a Mother 32 and Subharmonicon before that I sold to fund the A4 and its 10x the synth for the same money.

If I had £1400 to spend again? I’d buy the Digitone without thinking. The A4 I would probably do some thinking about and then buy again.

I would also strongly recommend anyone interested in these 2 synths consider an Analog Heat as well. It somehow glues the two together and raises each individually too.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. Appreciate.

Other alternative is Digitone and Syntakt.
And/or getting some keys like a Korg Minilogue XD.

1 Like

Well, one of the benefits of the A4 is the Eurorack integration. 4 out and 2 in. Let’s you use the Elektron sequencer to play it as an extra voice, apply LFOs to it, plus you can run it through and apply the A4s effects. You can also use the input as an oscillator.

I wasn’t taken by the Syntakt because I feel the Digitone and A4 can do FM and Analog drums better, with greater control, and their Synth capabilities are superior.

I feel like the Syntakt is quite the standalone box. But that’s just me. Also you’ll pay almost used A4 MkII money for a Syntakt anyways.

This is really helpful.

So it’s either Syntakt Or Digitone + A4
and Digitone + A4 >>>> Syntakt

Thank you @RustyRoses

PS - if I was going to throw in a keyboard to the mix, what would y’all recommend?
I’ve been eying Korg Minilogue XD or Hydrasynth Explorer… but this sale on the Korg Opsix seems rad too.

1 Like

Digtone and Opsix have a lot of overlap and the latter is 4x the size of the former - a reason I’m moving on my Wavestate.

Miniloguw XD is very nice, especially with the extra digital oscillators you can add to it. I’d go with the Module version and a Keystep.

If that sort of size isn’t an issue, consider the Modwave too as Wavetable synths are a great pair with FM if you prefer a digital sound over an Analog.

Great insights. You’re the best!

So don’t get the Minilogue XD that has the keyboard - get the module and use a keystep to go with it.

I don’t know about the Modwave. I think Hydrasynth seems super cool as a wavetable too.

You rock. I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like