Koala Sampler App

Best app.

1 Like

Freaking awesome!!!

1 Like

Instant purchase!

If only sequences could be played like Ableton clips that would be all I need! ( I guess I could resample and play as a one shot, but…)

Next step, Koala DAW :wink:
Also OB on iOS :aw:

1 Like

Is anyone using Koala on Android? And found any kind of line in adapter that works well with both Android and Koala?

I have an ipad and an audio interface at home but would love to have a way to sample directly into koala when I am out. Using the phone microphone is cool but it would be good to be able to capture (stereo) line in as well…

1 Like

I’m going to try chopping long samples in Koala, exporting a zip of the slices, and dropping them into Octachainer.

EDIT: It works, even in the Mac version, which doesn’t have AU support yet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use Atom Piano Roll 2 for that. Allied with a Launchpad, it’s pretty amazing functionality, especially with clip launching

I use the Rode SC4 cable which works great, but it’s both channels summed to mono rather than stereo

Ahh great, thanks for the tip, I will get one of those. I guess that type of adapter is always going to give a mono input but if it sums the channels ok and can cope with line level that is good enough for me, cheers.

1 Like

Oh, those are just midi clips, right? Thanks for a tip! I guess I could try making a midi patch in Drambo :thinking:

1 Like

Anyone tried to use Bluetooth headphones on android? Have a pair of Jabra 75t, but I can’t get koala to record any audio from them. Anybody had success with similar setups?

I have tried the same thing without success. Sorry that’s not much help, but I don’t think you are doing anything wrong. I think I might have read that being able to use mics on Bluetooth headphones on android is something the developer is working on but I am not sure about that. It would be great to be know if someone has managed it though…

I take the output from a desk or DJ mixer and it works really well. It doesn’t need much volume on the input, but it’s easy enough to get a good quality recording out of it.

Yeah, exactly - it’s a neat work around anyway, but even more so now that you can run multiple instances of Koala!

1 Like

Not much to add to the thread but this soo is super fun and fast. Make it hardware and Imll pre-order.

1 Like

It’s actually very helpful, sounds like it’s just an issue with the app, and I can stop troubleshooting :slight_smile: Other than the Bluetooth issue, I have to say it’s a super fun and quick app.

1 Like

I know right it’s insanely fast and fun to get something going. Making my MPC feel like bloatware right now

I actually use them together, walk around the house recording stuff on Koala, then put it all together on the mpc

2 Likes

Can you sequence koala via external midi? Slept on this app for ages only got it the other day

Yes, absolutely you can

1 Like

Ha wow just noticed that one such greatness gonna get the android version and play the phone with the kids

1 Like