Korg ARP 2600 Reissue

good point, you can indeed use the 2600’s lag processor to do portamento.

1 Like

main arp for the theme on the two voice, too. Always cheered me up :smiley:

When I saw SURVIVE live they were using a pair of the KARPs. Pretty glowing endorsement really.

I actually didn’t know which Arp was used in close encounters so thanks, I just knew that an Arp was used.

I’m seeing “Contact for Information” Maybe they’re just getting their product page in order. Not that I’m going for this beaut anyway. I still think if I were to go all-out on a big synth buy, it’d be an OB-6.

A 2600 mini does not seem far-fetched, and that could be interesting.

2 Likes

it was 100% in order all morning, complete with all official photos and marketing copy, a video, and pre-order/financing links. it’s clearly sold out there. not saying they wouldn’t try to get you one if you inquired though…

edit: just saw on GS that Sweetwater is getting 100 of them and they sold out yesterday, before the pre-order went live. those on that pre-order are on a waiting list. allegedly.

I always wondered if they went to the KARP once the FS was released. they used 2-3 original Odyssey’s for years before the KARP existed. it should be more reliable, so I know which I’d choose for touring.

1 Like

That’s for sure. I’ve had four original Odysseys (still have two) and I don’t like carrying them to the next room, never mind out on the road. That was admittedly one of the nicest things about the new 2600 - the security of knowing that the internal wire bundles weren’t about to crumble into dust. That, and the buttery-smooth faders. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hilarious phone upload FAIL aside, let’s try that again.

3 Likes

yeah I was wondering wtf the jelly belly cats were all about… :rofl:

yep those are KARP’s. USB port is a dead giveaway.

awesome pics. hope to see them someday!

dead cat, my wifes Jelly bean preferences (FFS) and my guitar! ha. christ, you’d think I was an old man. Blame the iphone 11s hyper sensitive screen! :smiley:

well, if you want to repair it yourself in future it matters. Soundwise I agree with you.

Love the 1/3 inverse colour keyboard :heart_eyes:

I have no space for new synths (and can’t jsutify the cost) so won’t be getting a 2600, but kudos to Korg, seem to be knocking it out of the park at the moment

To those who know modular (I don’t): how much modular could one buy for the price of the 2600 reissue? A good amount, or barely scratch the surface?

Have a look at modulargrid.net It will give you a cost.
Oddly enough I was messing with the idea of a “Modular 2600/1601” type box. This set totals out to just over $1000usd plus a case. Was going to go with the make noise 104hp.https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1069751

Can’t decide if I should wait to see if they do a lite version 2600 or just build this modular box…

2 Likes

Now I am only waiting for a european shop with stock to order it.

you can also repair SMD by hand. I have done a few smd projects. If you do it right it actually does less potential damage to a pcb.

Damn sweet!
Well done Korg

If you diy a full system. Premade a 104hp skiff with some rather good modules. 104hp tends to be around 2k or so if it is rather dense functionality (generalising) .

1 Like

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ARP2600--arp-2600-semi-modular-analog-synthesizer-system

Speak to KMR. Tom has some on order.

How many does a limited run entail? Are we talking just a few hundred? If so this could be a great investment.