Korg Arp 2600M

vasectomy crew represent

1 Like

Plastic nut??? How are people supposed to make music with it now??

1 Like

I keep coming back to this thread just to hear about “nut-gate”

1 Like

I just came here to see if I was right about these nuts.

1 Like

That’s nuts.

Korg should change the name to 2600N for nut.

Cancelled my order. I must be nuts. But cheap crap from Korg there.

1 Like

I fully understand you man. Yeah, it’s a really cheap move and a pity because it sounds really amazing. I want one and I think that I eventually will buy one, but it’s bugging me out a bit. It feels like Korg are exploiting their customers because they know how sought after the 2600 is. Its not the best recipe for returning customers.

If a guy can take a plastic nut off with his nails how will this unit last over time?

Im sure price are going to drop later like the Odyssey.

2 Likes

If this was Behringer people would be laughing there socks off.

2 Likes

I can’t believe that anyone is even surprised by this.
Lots of synth manufacturers have been going cheap for a long time, but we all know that quality on a Moog ,Korg or Waldorf is weighed completely different than on a Behringer.
And it has nothing to do with ethics, since the inside of most of them is chinese anyway.
My MOTU midi interface says assembled in USA, sure it is, because they don’t want to tell where the parts actually came from.

I think cutting costs in the lower end market is expected, also with smaller manufacturers, but it’s a pretty bold move on an expensive instrument from a big manufacturer like this.

The most obvious thing about the release of the 2600M was how none of the reviewers even talked about the build quality, or just very generally in a couple words.
They were clearly instructed by Korg to skip the subject.
Roland was equally obvious with the reviews of the SP-404MKII regarding bugs and awkward things in the interface.

Korg built the 2600M this way because it makes them more money, like any other large company would. They know they will sell with the Arp name on it and they’re milking it every way they can.

2 Likes

It’s the combination of the price tag and the plastic nuts that are somewhat of a surprise, not just the plastic nuts. We all know that MS-20 Mini has them, but that’s in a cheaper price range. The surprise is how they can be so dumb and do this to them who supports and buy their stuff. They think that they can get away with this just because they are a big international company and that’s just frustrating.

Ps. I have a Moog Matriach and a Boog. Guess which one that has scratchy pots after 2 years? The Moog and not the Boog.

1 Like

Korg are not actually that big a company, 290 employees. I’m not sure how they’re somehow “getting away with it”, nobody’s forcing anyone to buy it. I think it’s great we have all these options.

1 Like

That’s still twice the size of Moog, and more than 26x the size of Waldorf.

And they’re not getting away with it.
We closely inspected these nuts, then someone stuck his nail under one and found out they’re plastic.

Let me preface this with the fact I generally don’t engage with things that irk me online, because there’s enough things in the world that are shit already. That said:

‘Oh no plastic nuts, better cancel my pre-order, that’ll teach em!’ What’s this, a gaming forum? Let’s face it, if some plastic nuts are the sole reason you’re not buying a synth, you weren’t going to buy it anyway and you’re just looking for something to be angry on the internet about.

5 Likes

I think not buying something you find overpriced because quality is not there is a good reason to not buying something . It is just disappointing for some of us.

Anyway , its an option , more option is good.

2 Likes

I mean, that’s not true. I would have purchased it, but specifically didn’t because I was waiting to find out about the nuts; now that I know they’re just clip-in decorations, I won’t buy it. I did buy the new 700FS because they didn’t cut any corners at all, it is really fantastic in terms of build quality.

3 Likes

My last post was just because I like talking about these nuts.

I’m so sorry, I’m childish and couldn’t resist. :grin:

I’ll stop talking about Korg’s nuts now.

So you’re saying the only reason you’re not buying it is because of these nuts? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be more tempted when it gets discounted to $1,300.

1 Like