Korg Arp 2600M

Aaarg this kill me as i’ve been told mine will be here in March 2022 … I hope they were wrong hahaha.

2 Likes

Dang, that’s a bummer. I didn’t even know you could preorder them yet.

3 Likes

I’ve pre-ordered it from a shop when they were annoucned actualy. Maybe this shop is just getting served last unfortunatly.

1 Like

I am playing R2D2 2600 bingo with these videos.

1 Like

That seems right though. March is about 4 months away, So they could be starting to advertise it now, to get preorders going. It took them quite some time to roll out the MS-20FS. This and the Minikorg 700FS seem to be coming soon, but not too soon.

1 Like

Must say that it sounds really good. I will wait for the reviews that reviews the build quality.

I listened to the first half of Why We Bleep 021 while making breakfast this morning. It isn’t about the 2600M, but Jeff Lee notes that the 2600FS is heavier and more solidly built than his OG 2600.

1 Like

Loopop’s video mentions a really solid construction from what I remember.

1 Like

I have listened to that episode. It’s a great podcast. Yeah, it can be, but the question is how well the M is built. Is it more than the fake nuts they have gone cheap with? Korg only knows and soon we will know when it hits the public. But Korg says its the same components inside as the FS and the sound is a sign of that. So I am really interested in the quality of the build. For that price it needs to last a long time.

1 Like

Okay, I will watch that video tomorrow.

Is it shipping already ? I think Bobeats mentioned in his review that it should be out while his video went online.

Definitely isn’t shipping out yet. I asked Sweetwater when they can even take pre-orders, and they still have no word of the exact date when korg will be shipping out.

1 Like

I’m confused about this M version.
Did they already sell a Ltd version before? or are they selling a Ltd version (It was written that it comes with a keyboard for the 1st 1000 batch) along side a non-Ltd version (no keyboard)? Did they start selling it? (There’s a guy selling his 2600M, case & keyboard)

They sold a full size limited run packaged with a reproduction of the original ARP keyboard that went with the 2600. The 2600m is not limited to my knowledge, and comes with a little USB midi keyboard that plugs into the 2600m. The limited run FS version came with a road case but I don’t know about the mini version,

1 Like

Thanks!
So the M version is already out there then?
I’d like to get my hands on one but the case & keyboard will only eat up valuable space. Let’s hope they’ll sell a version without (& while we’re at it cheaper haha)

No, according to Thomann it will hit the shops somewhere around March 2022. And yes the first 1000 comes with a keyboard. But that keyboard its just cheap MIDI keyboard.

I got mine yesterday, feel free to ask me any questions you may have about it :wink:

First patching session with the beast right here:

9 Likes

Ok, lets hear about those nuts ! :laughing:
Sounds great !

2 Likes

Nice ! So it’s being shipped for preorders already ? Are the jack connector nuts made of metal or plastic ?