Korg Arp 2600M

Indeed ! Got a midihub as a xmas gift from one of my Patreon subscriber (!!!) and just for the midi merge / split on it’s own it’s awesome !

4 Likes

Wow very surprised

To be honest if quality on the Korg is low I much rather prefer the Behringer

With the price of the Korg i can buy a Behringer and additional gear

1 Like

Never tried the Korg but to be honest the Behringer feels top notch. I was quite surprise TBH.
Wanted to try the B version and keep it until i can get the Korg (since i really like my Ms20M) but this one is a keeper. I would like to try the Korg version some day though (looks beautiful )

1 Like

indeed, the lab aesthetic is very apt and those Korgs breathe more on the control panel, look fantastic

those glued on nutwashers if as per MS20 mini are sorta tolerable, less robust(and discrete) than on the behringer version (whilst both are a far cry from any panel screwed jack naturally)

You’d likely miss a lot of the added B2600 functionality if you traded ‘up’

Hey there folks !
My review and proper demo of the thing is going online in about an hour over here for those who want to chack it out:

9 Likes

Trance track (“melodic techno”) by Joris Voorn making use of a 2600M:

3 Likes

^ that guy cracks me up with his Zoolander facial expressions on all his videos :rofl:

10 Likes

He’s very very good looking.

Edit : I heard that Youtube algorithms are looking for that kind of mouth.

1 Like

Does Melodic Techno is the new Trance?

1 Like

Whaha! That cracks me up! Well spotted indeed ;).

Guess so. To me it sounded like trance but I guess this is a new “sub genre”. Come to think; my spouse always complains that I have a narrow musical taste; well I just added a completely new genre to the list: “melodic techno” :joy:

2 Likes

:laughing:Joris Voorn is so hot right now.

it should be relatively simple to replace them with BOFA

:laughing:

Derelicté

Nice overview by Mylar

2 Likes

my guess is even though they’re metal, they just snap into the actual jack on the inside. so it makes assembly a lot faster than manually screwing 70-some nuts into place.

likely it’s just as sturdy as using screwed-on nuts. especially if they’re physically attached to the jacks inside, thus securing their boards to the faceplate in multiple different places. I’m definitely curious to see a tear-down… I’m also curious how those nuts come off, if they’re just snapped into place. I worry that removing them would scratch the faceplate. but perhaps there’s a special tool or method for doing this…

So boring

Tracker and 2600 M jam sessions over here.
Mostly jungle / acid / rave oriented patches for this one :wink:

2 Likes

Short tips & tricks about the 2600 (M or any other in that case) this evening at 18:30.

3 Likes

Hey there folks ! 2600 M & Grandmother combo here:

8 Likes