Korg Drumlogue

Let’s hope so, because if this sounds good and is priced right it will make a lot of people very happy.

2 Likes

Even Octatrack users, I imagine.

10 Likes

This looks soo gooood and prettyyy. I want to see about that audio input… and curious if there’s flexible routing on the outs.

Damn, this is looking pretty good. I was hoping each digital voice would be more arbitrary though, like the Machinedrum.

2 Likes

Yep, when I seen the knobs I was expecting all of them to be used for each voice at a time. But they’ve gone the TR8s style of 3 dedicated to a channel.

1 Like

Ooof. If it has length per track and some sort of probability, I’m in.

I think this sounds like a thing that tries to be everything. And I don’t want that. I also hate endless encoders more and more for each time, I turn on my Digitakt.

Yeah – I was hoping for the “mega volca drum” but I think this is looking more like the “mega volca beats” instead.

4 Likes

I’d sample this into a handful of OT chains, for sure.

I liked the percussion volca drum was capable of. But the kicks didn’t have the kind of weight I wanted. They were more “knuckles to the sternum” - Thomas Krome Corb kinda kicks, instead of that rattle your socks “dooooof” you get from Rytm or Jomox.

3 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 9.57.58 AM
Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 9.52.10 AMScreen Shot 2021-01-20 at 10.00.31 AM

my prayers have been answered!

14 Likes

The drum pattern in the video certainly evokes that “hmm it’s not really happening today” type session

19 Likes

That pattern sounds like a rhythm track from the Radio Shack Casiotone-knockoff I owned in 1983. Just needs some congas…

They mentioned an updated sdk so maybe some revisions will hit nts1/prologue etc.

If it’s a mangle of existing engine then it’ll be very capable.
And the sdk will give it access to fm drum sounds etc.
I hope there’s lots of modulation , nice fx , and more than 1 sample per sample track.

However I have enough drum machines. It needs to do something unique.

1 Like

this is foremost on my mind as well. for my taste the sound of the volca drum doesn’t bode well for the drumlogue but i’m hoping there isn’t any volca drum DNA here. if this can do proper, thumping analog kicks then i’ll almost certainly replace my AR with it. if not, then it’ll be a pass.

Yea I mean that was one of my three main complaints about the Volca Drum.
The other two being the tiny Volca knobs, and the limited sequencer memory.

It’s clear that the knob situation has been sorted, and the short posts only used for voice levels inna Tanzmaus style. As for sequencer memory, I can’t imagine this thing has any less than 128 patterns per project, hopefully 256.

It’s good to see kits load and save buttons.
That already gives it the edge over Digitakt and M:S in one important way.

3 Likes

The Korg Volca Beats and Kick were a little lacklustre. Maybe it can be improved.

1 Like

Why are they showing it so early in development?? That is not something korg usually does?

The OPsix was shown at the Namm the year before in a display case and that came out 9 months later

Lol now im replying to my own comments. Sad.

6 Likes

Yeah that is sad.

Yeah that is sad.

For real.

11 Likes