Korg Drumlogue

Maybe Korg got wind of another drum machine in the pipeline from another large manufacturer. I’ve been half expecting Novation to bring out a drum machine. The Drumstation was a winner and to my ear it has more weight than than the TR-8 or TR-8S. And since the Drumstation, Novation have developed sequencers.

Seems there’s definitely demand for mid-priced drum machines around the 500 $/£/ mark. E.g. 2nd hand Tanzmaus’ get snapped up quickly,. My guess is Arturia has done quite well with their drum machines, despite them sounding naff (In my humble opinion that is).

These are not endless encoders are they? I know this is an Elektron forum but me no likey them.

I like those. Maybe they put that one on the tempo just for me :wink:

1 Like

…o…all u indispicable addicts…

Korg Rytmlogue

hope they fix the mess they did with the last Electribe encarnations. I know this is a different product altogether, but still…

The open source Logue sdk is something elektron should take note of. It will keep these products alive for years beyond their shelf life and its basically “free” development from the community

4 Likes

There are 4 encoders under the screen the rest look like pots to me

1 Like

People still use MNM and Machinedrum and they’ve kept their value in the used market, possibly even surpassing the original price if in mint condition. I personally don’t think that opening a synth up for software mods necessarily is the reason it stays in use or relevant for years. It’s a nice bonus for people into tweaking their synths, sure.

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Korg could kill two birds with one stone and make an Elecrtribe on the Logue SDK. Some good, solid algorithms from Korg, then user replaceable algorithms for the rest. 8 tracks, freely assignable to Korg or SDK algorithms; effects, freely assignable to Korg or SDK algorithms; lots of knobs, etc.

No idea why they don’t leverage one of the coolest and most flexible IPs they have in their arsenal.

5 Likes

Oh ok that’s fine. I don’t mind when they are under a screen (like Push 2, Elektron). Well I guess Elektron is next to the screen but close enough.

1 Like

well I think that goes down that path, sort of.
4 analog tracks + 6 digital tracks - 2 of the latest beeing samples… hopefully stereo, ffs!

1 Like

Drumbox and Melodybox, Machinedrum and Monomachine :slight_smile:

This looks great. And I am glad they dropped int the logue SDK. I think this will be fun, and I am always looking for more drum machines with assignable outs.

Now I just wish they would do a grown up version of the Volca Samples. Make it a similar size to this Drumlogue, same dirty sound as the Volca Samples, with the analog isolators, but…it actually samples, and more hands on controls.

2 Likes

Sure this will be great.
Not in the market, but you never know…

But “Drumlogue”…
Drumlogue?
Oof.
What a stinker of a name.

Hope the prototype stage means they have time to reconsider.

I’m going to go miles off piste and suggest “Drumologue”
Or perhaps “Drum O’logue”?

3 Likes

Logue-a-rhythm

20 Likes

:rofl:
YES!
Please. Get in touch with them now.
If you can’t get them to change the name to “Logue O’Rhythm”, then I’m sure Behringer will take it for their impending clone.

3 Likes

someone on GS posted a picture with slightly higher resolution.

there is, for instance, USB host (!) port.

also, i suspect the sequencer is 8-bar, like on old Electribes.

f33129ee133ced059d56b8c44607ae7cd822576c

7 Likes

Please include midi thru for goodness sake. Drum machine at the end of a midi chain is a recipe for disaster. Korg products are the worst for midi headaches.

3 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: