Korg Drumlogue

Can’t wait for someone to imbed one in a log for a true drumlog experience. :evergreen_tree: :axe:

I also can’t help but think people are going to be disappointed once they release more details about this… My guess it is going to be mainly a classic style drum machine focus, not a future electribe groove box type device. The logue series has been all about the back to the basics type affair. The SDK is really cool but most of the time I am annoyed enough by the UI of working with the SDK plug ins that it just isn’t worth it for the really interesting stuff. 4 encoders does give me some hope that this will be the first SDK device that might make me actually want to use those features beyond just FX or basic oscillators.

Hopefully I am wrong and it will live up to everyone’s dreams, I sure hope you can mix samples through analog filters or combine analog and digital engines in interesting ways.

really though this thing is likely to be really cool once we get over initial hype and then the actual feature release let downs.

2 Likes

Only In and Out hoping that the Out could be a Thru.

hope hard, because none of the existing “logues” do this. :neutral_face:

1 Like

There’s an audio in, I wonder if this means sampling or just fx! (hopefully both!)

1 Like

Fingers crossed

Maybe they will follow this one up with a Drumwave?

Definitely interested to find out more about this one… I’m just wondering if the 4 encoders under the screen will offer more control than the dedicated knobs. Say, for adding more sculpting/tweaking scope for the digital voices (e.g. pcm select, bit depth etc), the sample voices and the multi osc…

My only slight reservation is that I’ve found my Minilogue XD can be really picky about recognising the Korg USB driver to be able to use the librarian software.

Looks kind of dope. Fun.

Grab yourself a midi y-cable. Comes in super handy all the time.

I see there is a usb out to device. That should come in handy. Hopefully it’s able to power the devices like the Blackbox.

Nice to have 4 outs in addition to the l/r outs. Wonder if they’re stereo trs or mono.

At first I thought so, too…but ESX and EMX had two rows of eight leds.

*Edit Could be multi color leds, tho!

Indeed.
Those leds look like the original electribe layout (4 bars) Top row displays current playing position, bottom row displays current editing position.

2 Likes

Yeah…maybe they could do with multi color leds? One color for editing position and one for playing position. That might work.

It’s probaply four bars, though.

Sure. This doesn’t necessarily follow the old electribe convention. It might just look that way. I certainly hope this somehow equates to 128 steps. When they came out with the esx I figured that 128 would become the industry standard. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

does it have overbridge?

9 Likes

Yeah true I can use a midi hub as well and CV is probably more reliable for drums but I like to be able to daisy chain without having to think too much about it.

1 Like

pre behringer hype :cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

I really hope they keep the classic MS20-esque aesthetic of the prototype and don’t ugly it up like the OpSix. Sure looks fun though, assuming the price is right.

4 Likes

opsix
ugly

mfw

tumblr_npa64fwY7Y1s9s753o3_500

4 Likes

of simple red & green LEDs, as all their hardware of the time.
in 2020s, multicolor LEDs are commonly used, so no need to replicate that old scheme.
btw, Electribe 2 has 1 row of differently highlighted 4 buttons for 4 bars.

I actually liked the look of it in the video with just the pot stems :slight_smile: nightmare to get minor adjustments done though I guess.