Korg Nu:Tekt DIY Oscilloscope NTS-2

NTS-2 is here:

7 Likes

BoBeats knows what oscilloscope is? :rofl:

In any way, cool non-critical device to free up your hp’s in a Eurorack case. Costs 2x less than Mordax and uses zero space. I think that way it’s much better, because you don’t need it every single time.

8 Likes

I’m sold! It’s perfect for my little setup. Very cool that it comes with a Patch & Tweak book too.

1 Like

Hell yeah, this is awesome!

Yeah I’m gonna get this one too when it’s out. Never had an oscilloscope and dont like to open my laptop for music - this even has the same convenience as my tuner that I use occasionally, being battery powered.

2 Likes

NTS-2 is a great idea. Oscilloscope + tuner is doing it for me. Just want to make sure there’s no signal alteration going through it and I’m sold.

2 Likes

Cool, is the price for the NTS-2 already anounced? Haven’t watched all videos myself yet.

Syntrx + NTS-2

Superb. Instanbuy.

@chrismcsoup Bundle is 165gbp

3 Likes

220 eur

1 Like

It costs less than Mordax Data but Mordax does more and I like my modules built in my rack, no messy power supplies! It has 4 inputs and 4 outputs (very useful as it has a very capable 4 channel clock generator)

I think NTS-2 was particularly built with Mordax Data in mind and it’s features are almost identical. It only doesn’t have a clock generator as far as I see. However, I am certain we’ll see a homebrew firmware pretty soon, so that could open horizons broadly.

Also, it runs on batteries and I doubt it sucks a lot of power.

2 Likes

You can use a pulse generator to clock.

That you can’t trigger envelopes or control pitch of the osc is a strange omission, but what are ya gonna do…

1 Like

220 euro is a bit expensive for what this is. At that point I’d rather add another 100 and get a proper Rigol scope or look for something used. I was hoping for ~120 without the book.

2 Likes

Do you mean Syntrx II + NTS-2 ?

3 Likes

Yeah this would be cool if it didn’t had that terrible enclosure. I hate it, I hate it so much!
It’s just dumb, looks terrible and only makes it break sooner. Might still get one if the price drops and someone developes a decent case for it.

hmm, i should get a couple of spare NTS-1 while they’re still available, because doublе price makes NTS-2 not interesting for me.

ps. i wonder if this €220 thing is as flimsy as NTS-1.

What I like best: audio through, simplicity and form factor (size). Do you guys now other models with audio through outs ?

Very cool - don’t need it but I will get it. :joy:

So far I only saw bundles. Frankly, I think that book might be the weakest of all Bjooks library.