Korg Nu:Tekt DIY Oscilloscope NTS-2

Three nice options I see indeed:
Stand alone, so you can link it straight to the output of a specific device.
In my patch rack, so I can patch it to any device.
Or, indeed linked to a specific bus on my mixer, so I can basically do about anything.
Ordered today at BAX where they expect delivery in 9 weeks, but they are not very reliable concerning deliveries. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was wondering what type of breakout cable would be needed. Would this do (for Eurorack)?

1 Like

Anyone have the scoop on the ETA for the NTS-2?

I’m hearing that ocean shipping has already dropped significantly in price, so could be as soon as this year!

I wouldn’t bet against 2023, though.

Chicago Music Exchange says 8/31/2022

CME NTS2

1 Like

my estimated ship date from Kraft Music is still July 29, 2022

1 Like

New update received this morning: week 12 2023, this starts to look really ridiculous, I think. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excitement commences! I just got an alert from the seller that the parcel is expected

Keep an eye on your updates if you have been on preorder

Edit:

I have only ordered from the seller once and it was the email from dpd (courier) that i just received stating that they are expecting the parcel from the seller

If this turns out to be false information - then apologies in advance!!

-edit2: seller has now sent the shipped email

2 Likes

Oh, nice, I missed the email from Korg saying it was now in stock. Just placed my order!

1 Like

Paid for mine in September, still waiting.

Somewhat irritating to know that all these synthfluencers have one sitting unused now for over a year. It really pisses me off these get sent free stuff way before it is available to buy, I was interested in buying one before the likes of whichever softly spoken succulent enthusiast in a fancy woolen jumper got one sent for free. :laughing:

3 Likes

In the same boat here.

Weird. My local store show them as In Stock.

Given the crazy cost of this, what else are people using outside of their modular racks for scopes? Bonus points for being small, portable, and somewhat cheap. I have a big old school one, but it takes up too much space.

I use a Owon DSO, it is relatively compact at about 11” x 5” x 2.5” deep but I don’t have space for it in my small room anymore, hence getting the Korg.

I guess in comparison the Korg will be quite limited due to the small screen, so for things like comparing signals I will miss the Owon, but the portability is a plus as well as some of the music specific functions.

It’s nifty. But each time I pause to reflect on how much I don’t use my NTS-1 (capable as it is for its size) I’m reminded how I probably wouldn’t use this thing either. My trusty laptop display will just have to do.

Plus, I didn’t want that book.

2 Likes

Mine should arrive later on today! It may just end up being a very expensive tuner, I’ll see :rofl:

EDIT: It just arrived. I didn’t realise it comes with a little desktop stand, too., nice! Trying to finish work rather than succumb to the temptation to start assumbling it now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

FNIRSI 1013D

1 Like

Just put mine together! Pretty easy to do although the screws are small and fiddly.

8 Likes

Mine arrived today, I’ll probably build it later in the week.

1 Like

Yep bit fiddly to build indeed, though not really difficult.

Book is ok, jumps around a bit and I think I’d prefer more emphasis on the technical aspects rather than the interviews, a bit cringey in places for my taste.

NTS-2 itself is pretty good, some handy features and simple operation.

3 Likes