Korg Nu:Tekt DIY Synth kit

You still liking yours?

Yes. I have mostly used it for applying FX to various gear while also serving as a basic headphone amp. Itā€™s really handy, USB-powered and the stock fx sound great. I have added a couple free synth engines from the library, but have yet to really explore whatā€™s out there. Even as just an fx unit, I think itā€™s great.

4 Likes

OMG THIS THING SOUNDS AMAZING!! :rocket:

Very excite to get more than five minutes during nap time with it. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I use it as an fx processor on the Microfreak and itā€™s fantastic

2 Likes

Has anyone else had issues with the micro USB power jack? Mine is really loose, and randomly drops power if the NTS-1 gets shaken.

Alas, I think this has more to do with the port format than Korg. I think micro usb is prone to this. My Roland go:mixer hs a micro usb connection that is really finicky.

1 Like

Would be tempted to buy one just to use as a send FX on a Midas Veniceā€¦ :thinking:
Although the mini jack connector is bugging meā€¦

In my case is the other way around - the cable is quite hard to pull off, it kinda worries me about it getting damaged by constantly connecting/disconnecting it.
Wish there was a command to turn off (holding first 4 buttons for 5 seconds, something like that)ā€¦
I now have the cable constantly connected, and I might start connecting/disconnecting the usb side instead

1 Like

I used to have that problem with my Blackbox (before I sold it)ā€“I donā€™t get what people donā€™t like about power buttons! My solution was to put several devices without power switches on the same surge protector and just turn that on and off.

1 Like

I canā€™t seem to unbrick mine since trying to update the firmware yesterday. Shame cuz its a little beast I had come to love. Anyone experience this? Ive tried all the firmware versions on win7 and win10 :frowning:

No problem here, but then again I mounted mine onto my 19" rack :slight_smile:

Took it with me to work installed the drivers and updater on a MacOS running High Sierra. Took all of 10s and successfully unbricked. WINNING!

All of my favorite small devices have malfunctioned. POs, monotrons, and then this recent hiccup with the nts. Ive recently turned over my setup to a mostly retro style kit setup with heavy hardware and standalone pieces. The nts was an anomoly in my rig but I fkn LOVE it. Same with TE PO35.

4 Likes

Finally have this hooked up in its permanent home in a sort of stereo send/return loop processor with separate outs and sample ins on the SP-16. Gotta say it does sound really great. Ensemble>PingPong>Submarine is stunning for so many sounds.
If Iā€™m feeling ambitious I might sequence the Synth section, but love it as it is right now.

1 Like

Interesting - Iā€™ve thought about using this in a send /return loop, but I donā€™t really have the cables / adapters to do so. The FX are great. Got any examples?

1 Like

Same here but I added a distortion instead of the ensemble

1 Like

I have nothing online at the moment. Might change in the near future howeverā€¦

1 Like

Does anyone know if there is an app for iOS or Android that would allow me to flash a preset to the nts1? I know there is at least one patch editor program for pc or Mac but a mobile phone app would be clutch to quick jump between a few presets.

I got one of these for my birthday last week (when your girlfriend engages with your synth obsession, youā€™ve got a real winner eh?!). Going to build it tonight or tomorrow.

Any recā€™s for other patches to install that donā€™t cost too much? Iā€™ve got a few great analog monos already, so with the NTS Iā€™m thinking something of a digital / wavetable / wavefolding vibeā€¦ and utilising the audio in / effects too, obvs!

Check out Roll_log, Hammondeggs, Cain synthesizers. Good free and donationware algorithms.

Then, when youā€™re ready to spla$h moar ca$h, Sinevibes and Tim Shoebridgeā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™ve only installed free ones though I may bite on a couple of the paid ones. I can def recommend the ruismaker drum osc. 4 monotimbral drum parts. The kick rattles walls. There are a bunch of wavetable osc available for free which are also very nice.

3 Likes