Korg Nu:Tekt DIY Synth kit

I’ve had one on order from Sweetwater since June…still waiting. My plan is to use it as FX for Pocket Operators.

1 Like

Thank you for the reminder. I have all of his iOS apps yet keep forgetting about his NTS drums. :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Wot? Where? Google, to me!

http://ruismaker.com/korg/

https://korginc.github.io/logue-sdk/logue-sdk/unit-index/

3 Likes

I have to admit, I saw a YouTube demo and some of the Tim Shoebridge ones did sound good, so I’d be tempted to one of those. Any standouts from his selection?

Thanks for the free recs from everyone too, I’ll be checking those out for sure!

Look at reverb.com every once in a while. I found one for 75$ last night.

Cvring by roll-log sounds is great.
I forgot to add that the kick of the ruismaker osc plays chromatically below middle C. Adds a lot of variety.
Put the cv ring on the ruismaker, some delay and ooooweee that’s good fun.
This little box is ridiculous value.

3 Likes

ooooh

EDIT: check out that Scatter mode…

10 Likes

Tim makes the best user osc’s. The dude just knows how to squeeze the most out of these korgs with c++. (Like giving x&y midi commands in this vector osc). Happy to see him back at it. This should pair well with the xd’s joystick, and another osc for the nts1 is always welcome.

3 Likes

I was wondering why he didn’t show it being used with the XD joystick in the video, though.

This oscillator will own. Cannot wait!!

Good point. Thinking more about it, it should be possible to back door this by assigning the joystick x and y to shape and shift+shape… 99% sure there will be no issue there… BUT, I think it’s not highlighted in the video because the joystick returns to center on the xd, which ( I hadn’t really thought of at first) limits the potential of the osc. Though having a nice blend in the center for a main voice and having the 4 extremes or corners of the spectrum to swing through will certainly be something I mess around with, I can see how it’s not really the point of the osc. I don’t wanna wait… Maybe he needs a beta tester?

1 Like

Lol on the betaing - he is talking a out it tomorrow on a show he linked in the description. I hope i can tune in.

Back to the center is the reason, i am guessing. Still going to use it anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

One thing that I would really love to see implemented… a pick up mode for the knobs to avoid value jumps. That way it would be way more usable, specially in a live context. The display could show < or > to indicate where the pick up value is…
Wondering if there’s some way to reach somebody at Korg, I don’t think they have any feature request email considering the scale of the company - not that they would care but oh well!

7 Likes

+1 for that! It’s a feature that would make a massive difference

1 Like

New osc from Tim Shoebridge is available now, he has a bundle deal on his page right now for this Vector Synth osc and his digi Waveform osc.
Worth every penny IMO.

https://www.soundmangling.com/2020/10/17/vector-synthesis-user-oscillator/

2 Likes

Yeah the fact that everything is always jumping makes it borderline useless to me, wish it could remember the last state that it was in also. I suppose pairing it with a nice midi cc device like a fader fox would really open it up as a useful device.

1 Like

That’s the reason why I use it less and less, despite how good it sounds…

Looking at one of these, do you feel something with the ability to send many MIDI ccs like the DT or DN would be a great pairing? Or enough CCs that a sound you like can be reproduced with the CC sends of a DT?

I’ll have to test it out with my digitakt, seems like you could get around quite a few of the issues this way.

1 Like

Chords from Tim Shoebridge has become my favourite oscillator. Well worth the ten quid.

4 Likes