Poseidon, look at me, ooooh

2 Likes

its seaweed, or to paraphrase, weed at sea. also on a boat if you will

1 Like

Spaghetti!!!

1 Like

Doing flips and shit!

1 Like

Actually any vegetable that has seeds is technically a fruit. The distinction seems almost irrelevant in how it’s applied when talking about food.

2 Likes

gonna second this. Eggplant is so bad it…blech.

Other than that I’m good with any vegetable

God bless lonely island and lil dicky for birthing the entire meme rap genre.

3 Likes

wish they get together for another banger, love their stuff!

1 Like

pumpkin, artichokes (sorry @RealTinyPenguin!)

and for some reason even though I like carrots and I like peas, that common frozen peas and carrot mix. something about the texture, the carrots are always rubbery and the peas are always gritty. just disgusting

1 Like

I had to look the place up. Here it is:

Have you been there? Across the street was another Thai place I want to try called Tea Cup cafe or something that specializes in desserts.

I don’t recall if jalapenos were common in Vietnam, I was in my 20s and didn’t yet pay as much attention to such things. I ate more of some egg noodle pork soup there than pho though and usually for breakfast.

1 Like

I have been there many times, I love that place! It was my go-to in Elmhurst, even though it took me an hour to get there from Bed-Stuy on the subway. I especially liked watching young Thai families interact while I ate. Also would go to Hug Esan half a block away; the food was good but they took away their outdoor seating so I had to go eat in the playground.

1 Like

Will try Hug Esan next, just pulled up the menu and it looks interesting. I too, often travel afar in the city to eat, it’s part of the fun. Have you been to the vegan Ethiopian place Bunny in Bushwick on the BedSty border? Is supposed to be good but hate the vibe over that way.

1 Like

Bunna Cafe? We were scheduled to eat there once but then our host switched us to some sort of vegan diner. I find Williamsburg much worse than Bushwick, though my experience is more over on Wyckoff (e.g. Taqueria Al Pastor). It is curious, though, how the vibe changes as soon as one crosses Bushwick Avenue.

At Hug Esan, try the nam khao tod (rice ball salad). That dish is hard to find.

1 Like

Will do, thanks. Yes, Bunna Cafe was the place I was thinking of. Planned to go before seeing Plaid nearby but the show was cancelled. Recently been to a French place not far from there which gets written about but was really mediocre.

1 Like