Looking for a reverb

Yees thanks ! I just send a message to him :slight_smile:
I will tell you if it become mine or not !

For those looking at buying a nice reverb pedal, you might want to wait a bit, as there is a rumor that Strymon will be releasing a new (Volante style) reverb pretty soon.

3 Likes

Polara Reverb is so good for the priceā€¦

Straight into epic reverb and then 10 seconds later horns from outer space:

Ambient:

DFAM apocalypse (some delay here though):

So yea, best $169 spent on music gear lol

But it sounds like you might want a midi controllable/dual engine reverb? If so, you can ignore the Polara.

1 Like

Not specialy midi but stereo out, simple and less than 150ā‚¬.
I had a +300ā‚¬ Strymon reverb beforeā€¦ its nice on one instrument but totaly useless on master fx for me.
(Useless in the fact that i cant hear difference between 300ā‚¬ and a 100ā‚¬ reverb on fx master).
I have a el capistan that i never sell because i use it as a creative effect for exemple :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Apparently. Liveliness (:smile:) parameter is for high frequencies gain thatā€™s it?

@Rea_001 Iā€™m not sure if you mentioned the style of music you wanted to make with that reverbā€¦
Apparently you donā€™t care about realistic reverbs. Do you like MD reverb? Do you want long, short reverbs, both?

2 Likes

Yeah thats the point. MD reverb is maby the solution with good parameter.
My sound is ambient and idm but i dont make this topic for the ambient part. Its more for the idm part with rapid beat etcā€¦ so i need a short reverb for all percusives sound :slight_smile:

MD reverb? :thinking:

@Leo-iSL quote!

1 Like

The Polara is stereo in and out.

1 Like

Polara is on my liste :wink: and i know i wiil test somes reverb :slight_smile:
Polara and cathedral for sure !

Yes ! And now a stupid question : why ā€œElvisā€ ? And i see Elvis face on my MKI haha but what the deal with the reverb ?

PS : i just order the quadra on AF :slight_smile: so curious to test it with my MD & DN. And i defenetly digg the MD reverb !

I second everyone who thought of the bam, and the form factor is great as well :

https://www.otomachines.com/product/bam/

the plus: same hardware but with some extra effects/available - like tuned filters etc

1 Like

You saw Elvis? Didnā€™t he talked about reverb?

sketch1589167953155

3 Likes

Thanks

:joy: NO.
And curious things he doesnā€™t say ā€œPolara polara polaraā€ like a parrot :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for you help !
I will come here to tell you my impression on the quadraverb if there are interestedā€¦
and I promise, I will test the Polara !
Good discovery, and I did not know this brand (Digitech).

Another shout out to Lexicon incase you come across one and want to put it along side the Quadreverb .
I use a Lexicon Reflex and it is the best reverb Iā€™ve ever used for both tight drum verb and long ,lush dream verb (making whole tracks our the later).

2 Likes

Thanks ! I add it to the list :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was always curious about the Reflexā€¦ had the Vortex for awhile that could do some crazy things.

1 Like

Just love the sound of that reverb. Basic functions
Havenā€™t done much midi warping with itā€¦maybe I should try :thinking: