There will probably be some bangin techno @ 17.00 CET

2 Likes

Anyone else that was here?

It was craaazy.

Here is my contribution:

5 Likes

Here is our latest audiovisual Techno Live Performance

3 Likes

This is one of mine, 3 machines LXR-2 + TR-8S + Digitakt (normally two devices is optimum for me) - It’s not all bangin’ in this one, but there are some bits that indeed do do some bangs :slight_smile: :

1 Like
1 Like

I hope I don’t appear creepy, by almost-entirely posting female DJ sets. :smiley: I honestly think that they’re doing the most interesting things in the DJ space these days. There are a few stand-out guys still of course, (Richie Hawtin is still pushing some boundaries here and there, and Surgeon is pretty good) but I feel that many of them (at least on the techno side) are performing much less interesting sets (at least right now). Maybe a little less in some other genres. Solomun has some pretty nice house sets for example.

:smiley:

Anyway, this is a good “Ravey” set. Pretty bangin’ as the thread would dictate.

1 Like

Ok, this will even it up a little. :smiley:

1 Like

Totally agree.

I’d say about 90% of the DJs and artists I’m listening to these days are women.

Helena Hauff
Paula Temple
Somniac One
Rebekah
SPFDJ
Kilbourne
Lady Starlight
Nina Kravitz
33EMYBW
Lorraine James
Mindmistake
Cera Khin

I could go on all night.

6 Likes

That is a great list! I’d add a few to the list.

Nastia
Marika Rossa
Xenia
Tigerhead
Fernanda Martins
VTSS
Sol Ortega
Dr. Rubinstein
Fatima Hajji

I’d add Carmen Electro, but she’s been getting a little trancey lately. :stuck_out_tongue: Her more techy/electroy sets though are great!

I think Helena Hauff is one of my favorites of all time.

2 Likes

So good (to single out a favourite)…

Sara Landry’s fantastic.

(And if you stray off the four to the floor treadmill into wilder rhythms, these folks also bring dancefloor joys: Sherelle, LCY, NIA Archuves, Baby T)

1 Like
4 Likes

Actually, I have another theory. There are some great and innovative male techno performers right now, but I see them going more into the minimal, dubby, clean directions. Our very own Martin Stürtzer is a great example. Excellent music, but not generally in this “Bangin’” category.

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe right.

Women are definitely banging harder these days though.

3 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

I am old fashioned but I prefer vinyl sets so much.
More magical to see than the digital stuff.

Definitely!

Helena Hauff, Tigerhead, and Dr. Rubinstein are pretty much all vinyl. Great sets too!

3 Likes