Loopers

Yes and no. It lets you choose but if rec-to-play is off, you don’t start hearing the loop after it records. BB does not have overdub capabilities so it doesn’t work like most loopers. The workaround is to quickly switch to another pad that’s setup for recording. And with 16 tracks you can use it like a 4 track looper, each track with 4 non-destructive layers.

2 Likes

In live conditions I’d problably record or play my sequences on the sequencer, and wouldn’t record them with the looper. If I’d want to record them to audio, it would be in home studio conditions, so the doubling / phase wouldn’t be a big deal, and I’d probably record sequences with Octatrack without that problem…

I tried to find muting options in the RC 505 MKII manual without success. Many routing options though. Each track or input can be assigned to any output.
There’s a shortcut to mute mics, not sure about line inputs.

Concerning the feature it’s Bitbox or BlackBox? Both?

Nice. Especially with the second input of the mk2.

Bitbox and Blackbox work the same in this regard I believe. They differ a bit, like the obvious CV stuff that Blackbox doesn’t have, and the sequencer stuff that I think Bitbox doesn’t have. But for large part they run the same heart, just Eurorack vs Hardware box.

1 Like

This is a nice comparison between the Bit/Blackbox iterations, if you’re interested.

1 Like

Having OT, DT, MPC500, RC505 MKII soon, I’m not sure I’d need a Blackbox, especially as a looper, but it seems really interesting. I have to compare it to DT, MPC500. I like its compact size

Hardware all the way! Minimum eurorack with A4 CV control, but not much.
I prefer midi limitations over cable mess. :content:

2 Likes

Who need synths or drum machines ?

2 Likes

I feel like the first guy could provide me with some snacks at a sporting event

1 Like

You can also see Robin playing in an hot air ballon or in the water !

1 Like

Let me introduce you to a very informative and creative individual:

2 Likes

Probably, but only talking on this video.
If you have more demonstrative links with audio examples…

Apparently an Echoplex user. The EDP seems powerfull and it can be inspiring to mimic some of its features with Octatrack.

Exploring the guy myself right now, here’s something where he plays/loops:

Or this (starts around 2:30min):

1 Like

Peruse his channel

3 Likes

Thanks. I ordered it but I had to cancel.
Too much new taxes this year. :angry:

1 Like

Bah that stinks!! Maybe later.

Not ordering anything for a while myself. Which might be good thing … focussing on what’s at hand and selling the props.

Too many dentist bills here. And that scenario will go on until spring 2022.

No pressure. The 505mk2 is coming in next year for sure.

2 Likes

Next year will be very difficult, so I’d be lucky to buy it for Christmas 2022 !

Well, it will be the occasion to make Octatrack as a looper demos…

6 Likes

Yes please :wink:

2 Likes

I picked up my last purchase of 2021 yesterday. Couldn’t be happier. Ordered it on the same day I decided to take part in the NGNY2022 -challenge. So this is it for the upcoming 11 months. No new (or second hand) gear, no sells, no trades, no nothing. Just getting to know the stuff I already have.

I’m very happy that the RC-600 appears to work as a 6 in/6out interface for my iPad too. Been meaning to get the iPad it’s own interface, but no need for that anymore, I guess. I’ve had a bunch of different loopers throughout the years. The best two for my use have been the EHX 45000 and the Boss RC-505. This thing combines the best sides of those two and then some. The fx side alone is enough to satisfy my needs for a multi fx unit so I could easily lose some of my other pedals with this purchase (but I won’t as I see it as detrimental for my challenge to go deeper. Selling is almost every time followed by buying and I don’t want to go there.)

I’d say that this thing is my looper of choice for the next 10 or so years. It’s so far ahead of everything else on the market that I can’t see it being replaced anytime soon.

6 Likes

The RC-600 looks much nicer than his brother for the table, my new RC-505 MKII, which has the same functions, but with a different layout. Since I am not a constant guitar player it made much more sense to get the ugly looking, shiny RC 505 MKII instead of the RC-600 since it has some more controls available and I also wanted those faders bad.

As you said, there is nothing like those two loopers, being able to record up to 13 hours of music is superb, the audio quality for recordings has significantly improved and and it is so deep what you can do, … a remarkable looper this is.

1 Like

Indeed they put a great effort at the ugliness of that one, especially compared to the 600. Strange that ugly piece of cheap plasti packs more features than the elegant one.

1 Like