Loopy Pro Has Been Released!

It works great with the LaunchPads Pro and X, and I tried it with an Akai MPD218. You have to map the donuts to pads on the Akai, but then they light up while playing, and flash on count-in.

Controller support, like everything else in Loopy Pro, is really nicely done. It’s like a new chapter in iOS music.

3 Likes

usually theyre a nuisance on iOS, but kinda needed for live performance. setting them up to be usable live is kinda a task in itself sometimes.

The video by the beatbox artist above really does sell the hardware integration. Paired with his template, it looks nearly as seamless an all-in-one workstation like the Force.

Don’t get me wrong, BB is well thought out and ticks so many boxes, mainly for portability and keeping me away from the laptop. 2.0 is very close for my use case but I feel it needs proper controller support/feedback to get me there. MIDI support is almost complete but controller feedback is desperately needed IMO. I don’t want to fiddle with the BB screen or knobs while jamming, I want to use the Launchpad Pro, Launch Control XL, or Midi Fighter Twister. This is where Loopy Pro shines IMO.

1 Like

i got 5$ saying “no gear new year” is gonna turn into “no gear but i’ll buy 1000 apps for my ipad new year”
Probably the year a lot of people are gonna concider it seriously (even though its been at that point for a while now)

3 Likes

Having recently veered pretty hard left into a iOS workflow, this is totally me. I still have some hardware on my wishlist, but it’s insane what I can do with about $200 worth of apps, samples and synths (and I haven’t messed with LP or Drambo yet).

did you account for the 200$ of apps you tried but abandoned? :stuck_out_tongue:
I probably use about 15% of what i’ve bought. The rest just clutter up my purchase history.
But its what ya gotta do to find your workflow.

2 Likes

This guy literally recreated Kid Beyonds ableton workflow on an iPad

I have a faderFox UC4 thatI have no idea if it would work with or not in a musical way, but it could be fun to try.

UC4 is basically what i use for my portable drambo controller
The faderfox stuff works well with iOS. Their midi pickup/takeover built in really helps.

1 Like

LOL yea I basically only use Koala these days, but Xequence 2, AUM, AudioBus, Hammerhead, Spectrum and KQ Dixie are my mainstays. I envision Loopy Pro and/or Drambo will eventually find their way in as my audio timeline.

Crazy that I’m now aware of - and desiring - iOS effect plugins.

iOS has really limited my GAS in some ways. I run much smaller setups now and I evaluate hardware completely differently than I used to.

The MPC Live/One thread make me scratch my head.

1 Like

I love to then export the loops from LoopyPro and bring them back into Drambo for further processing :slight_smile:

1 Like

My biggest iOS wish is able to drag and drop audio clips between AUv3s.

In the meantime, I just point Drambo at the Loopy Pro folder, and it’s quick and easy to load clips into Drambo.

1 Like

Ah! Kid Beyond. Lovely guy, I wonder where he’s at now. I met him like 16 years ago…

love this app already.
Haven’t bought a app since drambo release. This and animoog Z this week, both total hits

I muted the iPad Apps thread a few months ago. I won’t be buying hardware or software next year. I’ve got enough apps, VSTs, and hardware to keep me going for years. Literally. Time to appreciate and master what I’ve got.

I did pick up Loopy Pro though. With a PX5 mixer able to send audio to Loopy and a Launchpad X/MIDI Fighter Twister, I could do some pretty neat things I imagine. Looks like a solid app.

1 Like

Have a view + listen while I build a groove with the new Bleass SampleWiz2 and Loopy Pro:

And here is the Project file if you’d like to expand upon it:

3 Likes

No MIDI Sync In yet means it has to be master clock, or am I misunderstanding something? Trying to imagine using this with modular.

master clock only for now (not midi slave yet)

1 Like