Loopy Pro Has Been Released!

Do you have echo cancellation on? That apparently causes some issues.

1 Like

have to check that. Thanks for the hint

Nice Acid groove!!! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Iā€™ve a quick question for youā€¦

Can I utilize the multi outs on Drum Computer if I use Drambo?

Having to use up CPU just for more instances isnā€™t the one. I have AUM and Loopy Pro but they wonā€™t let me take the audio from Drum Computers stereo outs.

Totally in the same place to in regards to the master chain. I dropped Eventideā€™s Crushstation on it with only a little wet mix and that brought things together a little more and for a comp I used Loopy Pros built in comp. Sounds ok. Then I grabbed my Analog Heat and voila :blush: solved the issue of Drum Computers bass vibe. I really donā€™t know why they cut off all the sub?

Absolutely loving the app.
Loopy Pros FXā€¦

What are you guys saying?

thanks for listening!

Canā€™t wait to check out everyoneā€™s jams.

Hereā€™s a little one from meā€¦

Insane!!
What a video.
This explains it just right for me.

2 Likes

Yes!

But ā€¦ this guy is a pro with 20 years of live looping experience. Makes it look very easy!

Gonna get the loopy pro app this week, never got to using loopy HD but will give this one a try for sure. At least until the boss rc505mkii ships. I will mostly use live looping together with my 5,5 year old son (and his friends maybe) so I definitely want hardware for that. Ears > Eyes for music with kids.

1 Like

This video sold me on it as well. Not his talent, but really miss my Boss RC202, and didnā€™t realize this app could replace those!

Iā€™m going to try using my Zoom H6 as an interface to try out some percussion looping today. Iā€™m guessing the SP404mkii will be able to act as a guitar interface, when the SP404 arrives.

Just curious if there are any small Bluetooth keyboards that work well with iOS for playing synths and stuff, or is wireless just not there yet. The smaller and cheaper the better.

2 Likes

For my use case it wonā€™t work, too many moving parts for a kiddo with no patience. Ipad + interface + usb hub + speaker + controller + ā€¦ will result in :

Dad ,ā€¦ letā€™s do some Lego stuff together and get this mess out.

Boss rc = plug & play
kiddo and will love it, I am sure :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Sensel Morph or CME Xkey air.

2 Likes

You probably want to look at Korgs Bluetooth nano seriesā€¦. ć‚³ćƒ³ćƒ”ćƒ„ćƒ¼ć‚æćƒ¼ćƒ»ć‚®ć‚¢ | KORG (Japan)
Flawless, mate :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks, man! I figured those might be the best option

1 Like

Iā€™m sure you know your kid best, but why do you need all that extra stuff for an iPad and not the RC-505? The iPad has a speaker, you can pull up controllers inside Loopy Pro (or AUM)ā€¦

That saidā€¦

https://fiveg.net/?pid=153433762

Expressive MPE gives synths more life and the highest Bluetooth connection speed makes this an awesome option. I have the 37key. Amazing portability but another controller is need for the knob tweaking.

1 Like

I did a little test run with my Zoom H6, iPhone, and a pair of bongos today, and Loopy Pro works like a champ, and Iā€™ve had really spotty luck with loopers in the past.

I havenā€™t even read the manual yet to see all the advanced features, but itā€™s so intuitive that I had no problem recording some basic loops, and creating a bus to add reverb, etc. Really intuitive layout!

Iā€™m looking forward to experimenting with my Volcas, bass, guitar, and a variety of microphones later, as I only tried the mics on the Zoom for my test.

I havenā€™t been using my Zoom H6 or iPad enough lately, so this app will actually add a lot of life to my existing gear. I just ordered the proper cable to connect to the iPad Pro, but Loopy Pro works great on my iPhone so far.

I have to say that Iā€™ve pretty much hated using iOS for music in the past, but this is a game changer for me. Everything I loved about the RC-202, but better and easier to use.

I envision using it mainly in two ways: (1) as a practice tool, and (2) to create loops to sample into the SP404mkii later.

Iā€™ve always thought that loopers are kind of the perfect link between traditional instruments and samplers, so I think Loopy Pro is going to slot into my workflow quite well! Very impressed and Iā€™ve barely scratched the surface.

4 Likes

Less screen(s) time for little kids,ā€¦ they will get enough as it is.

I donā€™t want to screenify/gamify music making too.

For the RC, just a speaker and 2 microphones, a shaker and other little instruments and we are up to speed.

Controller on the ipad is not for kids to start out and learn to use their sensory bodies, let them interact with real physical instruments. The experience is a lot richer and itā€™s closer to the heart/soul.

8 Likes

Percussion stuff is awesome for kids (and adults). I got this awesome little toy glockenspiel off of Amazon for like $20 and it sounds great! Iā€™ve seen people using them for jazzy funk music.

3 Likes

Sensible reasons, some of which mirror my own preferences for knobs, buttons, and cables.

2 Likes