Loopy Pro Has Been Released!

Looks like Michael gave y’all a Christmas present?

9 Likes

Whoa that was quick.

5 Likes

Awesome update.

How about support for Inter App Audio?
Had a spending spree and pocked up some bits…. iWAVESTATION being one of them. It isn’t an AUv3 but it is an IAA. I want to use it inside Loopy Pro. The thing is insane.

1 Like

IAA has been deprecated by Apple. He might not want to bother with it. I wouldn’t blame him.

2 Likes

Load the IAA in AUM, put Loopy pro on the channel as an AUV3 insert effect. I actually still find AUM superior, workflow wise. Loopy pro has a lot going for it. It is very CPU friendly in my experience, so you can easily have an instance on several channels, even on less powerful devices. The standalone Loopy Pro currently does not export tracks correctly, the timings are incoherent and there seems to be sample rate sync issues (when exporting only).

1 Like

on day 1 trying loopy pro… so far so good… great to have 7 days to test it out!

1 Like

Loopy Pro chooses a sample rate on export, to match the the majority of samples in your project.

1 Like

The issue I’m experiencing is, as I export multitrack from the sequencer, the tracks come out each being time shifted at different points (to each other) and also each track includes similar crackling to when the computer can not handle a certain buffer size and sample rate (even though playback in app is perfect with 3% CPU use). This is obviously not usable if you want to edit further in a daw.

Ahhh It all makes sense now. Shame though because there are some synths that just won’t be available but are very useful for what I want to do.

Looks like I have no other choice.

1 Like

I have too much else to work with right now, but this is in my future for sure. Here’s another of my "wait until"s gone.

2 Likes

Midi CC seems to only be mappable as a global control. I want to open up an AUv3 and map my midi controller inside Loopy Pro. I don’t think I’ve missed anything?

It works when the AU offers MIDI learn—as a workaround for now.

Another little arrangement in loopy pro. I’m haven’t used it to loop live instruments so far, I’m not very good at that. I want to practice with guitar though.
The biggest thing for me is how fast you can record audio loops, bouncing your Auv3s down, saving cpu and then jamming the track out in the same app with the little mixer and arrangement view.
Super handy. Never have finished stuff in Aum. Already arranged quite a few ideas in loopy pro since last week.

8 Likes

Holy sh*t. Downloaded loopy pro today and this is amazing, exactly what I wanted for a daw on ipad

What’s even better though is i had my launchpad pro mk3 all packed up to sell then thought I’d try it with loopy pro. Can’t praise this combo enough. Amazing

5 Likes

Had some fun today with the SpiderIceMidas AddStation Patches in LoopyPro and decided to share the LoopyPro Project with everyone.

Here’s the project file:

And a sample of the sounds:

As always thanks for listening and feel free to use these samples how you see fit, and let me know if this is something you’d like to see more of from me and LoopyPro.

3 Likes

A quick one tonight. You can grab the Samples in the video description on YouTube:

4 Likes

lovely !

I need a bit of help with loopy pro. I have Thesys set up to control Magellan but Thesys does not respond to start/stop from Loopy pro. Any suggestions?

@Greatexpectations are you active over at the AudioBus forums, by chance? (It can be a little sycophantic, but) They are incredibly helpful over there, especially regarding LP. There’s a Dischord for LP as well, if that’s your thing.

I’m still trying to figure out how I might use LoopyPro (I don’t foresee myself playing my little electronic beats live anytime soon, if ever), BUT I have had a lot of fun messing around with loops and layouts and buttons and stuff.

I barely play videogames anymore, but Koala and LoopyPro are kind of their own little puzzle games, and I can get sucked into one beat/loop/sequence for hours. It’s nice.

1 Like

Another day another little sonic exploration:

Be sure and grab the Project File and Patches for Continua from the links in the YouTube description.

4 Likes