LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

And it’s on sale.

You just need to integrate your shadow side.
All shall be well.

1 Like

I tried that. My Lyra has led me behind some dark edges where even my shadows flicker brightly. I need a white one in the hope that it’s kind of magic will integrate better into my delicate soul.

1 Like

Brightly flickering shadows, I love it.

Your reply brought to mind a delicious evocation by the poet and non-dual wordsmith, John Veen.

’Light bounces off walls

because it’s insane.

Insanely bright?

And darkly unaware of the mad things it grows.'

2 Likes

Holy…it’s nice, thanks for that! And yes, I assume a light white Lyra, when producing darkness under my hands, will feel like being more of the innocent side than my beasty one does. So in the end, when things grew too mad, I’ll be the one to blame, not the machine.

1 Like

I finally used my Lyra again after quite a while and recorded a little session. Main role in this is the Jomox T-Resonator though which I use to generate feedback sounds. This thing can sound pretty huge and feels like Lyra‘s little brother as it‘s also quite unpredicatble. I’m using the A4 as well to create some feedback as well by cranking up the delay and then play around with delay time and the delay’s filter. To make it less boring visually I just threw together some footage from my collection in TouchVIZ on the iPad.

6 Likes

Finally found some time to upload these Lyra-8 samples/short loops (45 of them) I made on the last day I had it last autumn. There was no method to the madness, just wanted to get all kinds of crazy sounds out of it. As you probably know, if there ever was an oxymoron, sampling Lyra-8 probably is one.

Anyway, feel free to check them out, download them (for free obvs) and use them in any way you see fit. Hope you find some of them fun and/or useful.

7 Likes

Great samples, really shows how versatile the sound pallete actually is.

I really like Omnivore 1, savage.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, the Lyra is absolutely more versatile than it first might appear. Not a whole lot of that more subtle side on display in these samples but it’s definitely there. Doesn’t have to be omnivorous all the time.

They’re shipping it tomorrow. Should be here when I get back in town Sunday. Got the white one. :joy:

2 Likes

I think anyone that doesn’t have a pink one feels a little bit bad about the colour they picked…

Mine’s black, like pretty much all of my other gear.

Happy Lyra poking.

3 Likes

The white one was $100 less and in a couple of years everyone will wish they had a OG white one. If I would’ve gotten pink, my 6 year old daughter would’ve thought I bought it for her.

2 Likes

OR, in a couple of years all the people who bought the OG white one will wish they still had an OG white one because theirs is now yellow tinted white. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

if anyone could get away with selling a Nicotine White version, it’s SOMA.

Have a white one. Would love to have the pink one. or light green. or black. or arm green (for the box)…

1 Like

Another visit to Lyra’s world last night, with the Polara as my torch.

9 Likes

Very nice

1 Like

I just opened the box and recorded this. Not sure what key I was in but, does it really matter? I just wanted to test it out and was glad I recorded it. Really simple. I’m not a Lyra master yet but I can tell you it was really fun.

5 Likes

Sounds good.

Welcome to the club.

No point worrying about that. Even if you tune it, it’ll go out of tune the second something starts modulating something (which is all the time).

2 Likes

Is this solo Lyra played live (thru the reverb)? Sounds really nice!

It’s just Lyra by itself. No added reverb. I guess that’s the delay, I was just messing with the FB and self-oscillate type stuff. This is going to fit in nicely in the middle of a long jam in the Grateful Dead band I’m in.