LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

375x310x85 mm approx

1 Like

Oops. Just ordered one, couldnā€™t resist any longer.

4 Likes

shit, I just ordered one as well. its one of those items where I donā€™t care what it canā€™t do or how wild it can get, its so dark and beautiful and I just want go on a voyage with it from time to time. I have too many pieces of gear that toe a straight line. I need something that will act out and make me its bitch.

4 Likes

Just unboxed. I have recieved a lsd trip with some knobs :grin:

10 Likes

Iā€™d like to share my first experience:
Opened the box at 16:00
Grabbed a headphones, made myself comfortable on the couch, powered up lyra and put in on my lab.
16:03 tweaking and playing
16:30 exploring further
17:45 a small voice appeared in the back of my mind. My family needs something to eat by now and i have to do groceries.
17:55 headphones off, fck it ill order pizza
18:00 back in initial state of 16:30
19:00 pizza getā€™s delivered. ā€œ can someone open the door?ā€
19:02 ā€œdo you guys mind i eat this with my headphones on? I am in the middle of something important :grin:ā€
20:18 coffe break, i might as well take a beer too.
20:30 reflection: neh the lyra is not for me, donā€™t know how to add this to the rest of my sound and setup.
20:30.00001 headphones back on
5 hrs laterā€¦.i donā€™t think itā€™s something for meā€¦ went to bed
Woke up - coffee- lyra onā€¦.

14 Likes

This on repeat for about a year now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

Detroit Modular just assured me that my Pink Lyra-8 will ship today or tomorrow.

1 Like

They brought out the pink one about a week after I got my black one.

Iā€™d have definitely got a pink one if I could have.

2 Likes

My ignored stress tends to return as digestive troubles, so a Pepto-Bismol pink meditation friend sounds about right to me.

FWIW, Detroit said they had a stack of pinks left. Didnā€™t ask about orange because there is a certain toupee that I would prefer not to let into the deeper realms of my psyche.
ā€”
Pink & Mint are now $100 off at Perfect Circuit. But Iā€™ve placed my order and received a shipping notice, so Iā€™ll stick with what I have.

4 Likes

Pedantry: itā€™s an assflap transplant combined with coloring agents and a ā€œcomplex comboverā€. You know, ā€œstyleā€.

Sorry, donā€™t mean to poke around in anybodies traumata. :wink:

2 Likes

Talking of colours, looky hereā€¦

Apparently thereā€™s blue Pulsars incoming too.

2 Likes

Oh God no. A blue pulsar with my pink lyra makes too much sense. Halp.

Also Perkons would look grand. Ugh

2 Likes

Yeah its been all over their Facebook page for a while. Blue ones.
Also a lengthy and not very interesting video of Surgeon, Pulsar 23 a Norand Mono and some wee sequencer. Too be honest I didnt watch the whole thing.

Lyra doesnā€™t mix in my setup but itā€™s always a journey to use by itself. Kinda like therapy/meditation

1 Like

Thatā€™s what i was afraid for and it doesnā€™t but actually I donā€™t need it. That said, ipad Animoog app and Korg monotron Delay are very pleased to be fed into the lyraā€™s input. The nux tape delay pedal makes a nice mono to stereo addon to the output with spring reverb emulation. All have the same grittyness as the lyra build in delay. It summs nicely. Strymons nightsky likes lyra too. Perhaps iā€™m over enthusiastic in my honymoon fase but iā€™ll think itā€™s a keeper.

2 Likes

Have any of us run the Lyra through the EHX Operation Overlord pedal?

Iā€™m trying to keep the GAS at bay - between the Elektrons and the Virus TI, I should have plenty already. Once the Space returns from its spa week.

The best color so far imo! ā€¦after my Atomic Green Lyra! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Damn near criminal to release all those pretty colors after the fact!

You know you want another.

1 Like