LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

I like it. Not sure I will be able to use it, but I like it.

Wtf?! Is this fo realzis?! If yes im buying asap

I can’t find it on the net :frowning:

1 Like

Yep, direct from SOMA only - check their Insta!

It’s totally baffling but I kind of love that about it haha, really fits with the Lyra spirit of ‘wtf is going on now’.

1 Like

They’ve had a number of items that you can only buy directly from them, few special editions etc.

But I totally get the not wanting to do business with a Russian co. right now.

What’s an EU Lyra tho?

The very first lyras were manufactured in Moscow, later on, they founded / partnered with https://soundmachines.eu/ in Poland to manufacture in larger quantities. These days, most lyras are made in Poland, I believe.

3 Likes

Got it thanks for the info👍

Why and why?

This I struggle to understand. Not buying new anymore, I get. But you’re not funding anyone by continuing to own a Lyra you bought a year ago. That money’s spent. Who does it help to give that away?

I think Vlad deserves way more benefit of the doubt than you are giving him. He was born in Ukraine and lives in Russia for some time. I think he’s just saying he considers himself from both. Soma has always seemed like it has a very human, peaceful message. I would be more inclined to think the Pacifist Editions were more a statement of “make love not war”. An ammo case is better used as a synthesizer than a tool of war. Not really an attempt at ironic statement. We don’t know his circumstances, he may have family in Russia he’s unwilling to leave or depend on him in ways that don’t allow him to choose to flee. Of course I don’t know how he really thinks or what’s actually going on but I just think from what I know of Soma and his interviews and some of the writings I read, he deserves better than the assertions you make.

7 Likes

I hope you are right - the Lyra is easily one of my favorite synths, and Vlad’s mystical woo seems fun and innocent for the most part. But I haven’t read any Dugin and don’t plan to start, so I can’t form an opinion as to whether they are at odds or fellow travelers.

[Posts retracted because:

• More political than I would prefer for Elektronauts
  • I prefer to assume the best about people until conclusively proven wrong
  • “A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds”

]

3 Likes

Buyer beware on that special edition. Regardless of politics if it is purchased from Russia there you could be liable for additional excise tax as well as VAT. The current limit is 570% so worst case scenario that Lyra could cost you thousands

2 Likes

Good to know!

In which country?

Uk imports from Russia. It is classed as “excise” which and starts on items above £630 that aren’t gifts.

Bit wish washy across the board on gov. Website but there is technically a nationwide soft boycott on Russian goods.

1 Like

Cool, thanks

Played my new Lyra (purchased from the lovely @natehorn) for the first time last night. Wow. As a long time Sunn O))) fan and lover of most things Soma I knew I would love it but didn’t expect to get that lost. It’s so ridiculously silly (in a good way) but it forces me to play it like an instrument. I felt like I was gently guiding it on a journey it had already set out itself to make.

Tonight I shall be cracking a beer and routing the output to my Pulsar for some fun with vca and shaos.

9 Likes

Don’t make me regret selling it!! :laughing:

2 Likes

I had to sell my Lyra-8 in 2020 because I was unemployed (also it was the black version and I wanted the white one) and now I want one again. Might have to get one next week. I showed my partner the colour options though and she said I should either go for the green or the orange (we live in a mid-century modern house with a lot of orange accents so it’d make sense)… neither of which are in stock at my local store :frowning:

Might have to be the white one… though the Zanzibar Blue version looks quite cute too!

2 Likes

That will fit in perfect :+1: