LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

Check out Mika Vainio’s Life…It Eats You Up. Extremely good album and features super heavy synth drones and sounds straight out of Sunn O)))'s trick bag. Heaviest electronic album ever IMO.

3 Likes

Nice, will have a listen. Guessing he’s Finnish with a name like that.

Other half of Pan Sonic, yeah. RIP

Yeah but apparently David Guetta made half of his music :confused: …would skip it personally

Haha, what? :joy:

True story! Sorry you had to find out about it that way :frowning:

I’m starting to think I should check out David Guetta, now

1 Like

Take snakegoat with you :joy:

(Am terrible people (yes, plural))

Was this what you wanted? Mr. David Guetta street team??

Better “dream team”

I’m loving the sound of this thing through my Walrus Audio Slö. What pedals are people using after their Lyras?

1 Like

Pink is cool too

1 Like

Shit’s crazy, I wish I knew they were going to release this when I was buying mine.

1 Like

That’s irritating indeed – so I asked Soma about the colors …

They told me it’s the same “green” (the “Atom Heart Mother Control Room” edition). The dark olive “Pacifist” green is another one.

So these devices should be the same according to Soma (although they look quite different):

I bought the atom heart green one 2 yrs ago :slight_smile:

Yes, these two are the same

1 Like

Damn! I can’t buy the special edition bc of the sanctions!
; _ ;

2 Likes

Question about Lyra technique-

When I’m playing, it’s easy to trigger a voice with a finger, and use more or less contact points to affect volume and strength, but when I move from few contact points to lift off I get instability and flutter in a way that can be musical, but does not always match what I’m going for.

Here’s a very unfinished scratch track-

I’d love a more smooth, less unstable release.

Any tips or tricks? I haven’t tried keeping my fingers more moist at the contact points, and perhaps what I’m looking for is at odds with the design.

Anyone else found a way to get smoother “note off”? I would love to find a way to control my technique :slight_smile:

1 Like

Korg SQ64 + the Ornament/Lyra adapter works well. SQ64 has 8 trigger outs, you can easily clip test leads to the adapter and the tip of a TS cable and then program or play the Lyra like drums.

2 Likes

Thanks, I can definitely see about Ornament + alligator clips.

Still hoping I can play as I want with my meat-appendages, will keep on hunting :slight_smile:

6 Likes