Machinedrum incoming!

Finally, after searching for one for the longest time and having a couple of sales slip through my fingers, I finally have a minty Machinedrum MKII UW+ on it’s way! Found it on Reverb for a very reasonable price, stoked to now have the old school Elektron Trinity in the Octatrack, Monomachine, and now Machinedrum :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I always wanted the Elektron trinity. I think that is the most veritile lineup you can have with a very extensive palate at your fingertips. Yeah it’s digital, who cares. Some of the best and craziest tones can be created with that trinity. I recently stopped my lust for another MnM to complete my trinity but I’m sure it will be sparked back into gear soon. Congratulations good sir! Now go make some kickass music!

3 Likes

Thanks dude! The Monomachine is my favourite piece of gear, and I’ve been wanting a MD for ages as they go so well together. I could care less if they’re digital, the MD, MnM and OT all kick ass and sound great/very original. To be honest, the A4 and Rytm never really appealed to me, and I’ve got other analog gear in my set-up to take care of analog sounds. I can’t wait to hook up the assugnable outs to some of my pedals, and also think I may have to get a Heat to stick on the main outs to make my ultimate dream drum machine :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a good idea with the heat!

1 Like

There’s a couple of examples that I’ve found online, sounds ridiculously tasty and can make the MD a whole new beast.

I have MDUW, OT, AR,Drumbrute, Pulse2, and AH at the moment. I got the Drumbrute with all intentions of running it through the heat because of some Drumbrute and heat videos I saw. The heat can do some crazy stuff to anything you run trough it. I just got the AR so I haven’t done much with it as of yet but the MD into the heat is amazing. Pushing MnM through a heat will totally change everything. If you have everything going through a mixer and can chose which channels can be effected by the heat while leaving everything else clean is what I’d like to do someday.

1 Like

That just sold me on the Heat…was wondering how it would pair with the Monomachine. Seems like a great tool for warming/beefing up the MnM and MD when desired. The way I justify it is that I can get the MD and Heat for the same price as I could get the AR :wink:

Just think of the big PWM SID bass through Heat! :diddly:

1 Like

Or some nasty FM subby bass from the MnM…I’m sold, my poor bank account!

Duuuude! Crazy!

I can’t imagine what the sounds would be altered to from the MnM but I got some pretty whikid stuff from md. The envelope follower is where it’s at really. Oh, I haven’t tried it with my OT or MD yet but when I had the Digitakt I could make program and plock the heat from it too.

I dunno, I was kinda looking to trade the heat out in hopes of an another Analog four or MnM. I may need to hold on to it after thinking more about these possibilities. I have been regretting trading my MnM for some time now and now I regret trading the A4 as well as my digitakt. I love the heat but I need a synth. I dunno. That thing is amazing none the less.

1 Like

You should totally grab a MnM if you can…I love that synth so much and will never sell it. There’s nothing even close to it out there…super deep, but rewards those that dive in and spend the time. It’s a sound-designers/tweakers dream, especially when you feed crazy stuff from it into external FX and the OT for further mangling…the multiple outs and flexible routing really make it super awesome when paired with outboard FX. I have an Eventide Space glued to a pair of stereo outs, with a 2nd pair going into the OT. I’ll soon have a Heat on the 3rd set of stereo outs, at least part of the time. I have a feeling I’m going to want to glue it to the MD though, the video I’ve seen sound freaking killer.

Check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwKvzB2MMXM

1 Like

This guy has a couple of great examples of the Heat dirtying up the MD…sounds fucking killer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPmBxtN2TJ4

2 Likes

There’s more than just that what he did to the MD in those videos. Heat can be adjusted to effect specific frequency ranges, all of the filter types are very usable. You’ll be able to plock the different parameters through any of your trinity very easily. I like modulating the different lfo destinations a lot! You can get some very wobbly grit going then let it clean out and go straight. I always thought $700 was steep for an effects enhancer/destroyer box but I think it’s very much worth it. Your going to love it! Especially with the MnM!

2 Likes

I’m selling my MD UW and MNM soon, but agree they are great instruments. Enjoy your purchase.

1 Like

What replaced (or will replace) them?

Modular mostly. The Monomachine has been sitting on a shelf for the last six months untouched. The Machinedrum I’m toying with because I like triggering it as part of the modular setup. I also have the A4, OT and Rytm which I use more these days.

Oh…my… GOD. :astonished:

That’s really the first example of the Heat that made me think I need one in my life. Like, right now.

1 Like

I know, right? I can’t not get one and stick it on the Machinedrum after watching those!

1 Like

Congrats! Just recently got a MKII UW+ from a forum member here. Still had the plastic on the display! Love it. Sounds amazing and that many simultaneous parts available is awesome. Haven’t had enough time to try the sampling part yet, but on my to-do list. If you’re a PC user, you might have a hard time updating the TM-1 firmware if it hasn’t been already (mine hadn’t). Was only able to update it from a Mac, then it worked fine on Windows 10.

1 Like