Machinedrum or Analog Rythm with present gear?

the digital IO board will command a premium (maybe add $200)
otherwise rs7000 go for 450 - 600 euros and dollars; depending on condition & memory.

good machine; but it is a bit chunky.

Yamaha must be thinking about an RS8000 … given the state of the marketplace and all the good schematics they have on the shelf.

An FS1R + sampler inside a compact RS format would be great.

the digital IO board will command a premium (maybe add $200)
otherwise rs7000 go for 450 - 600 euros and dollars; depending on condition & memory.
[/quote]
Oh sweet I just picked one up one on ebay from a auction I didn’t think I would get.

1 Like

that sounds like a good price. it is great for instant composition. You might need to get used to the yamaha sequencer method + edits. but otherwise it is very straightforward.
if you don’t need the digi I/O card, you could sell that separately for about half what you paid in total. they are very rare and in demand.

[quote="“mokomo”"]

that sounds like a good price. it is great for instant composition. You might need to get used to the yamaha sequencer method + edits. but otherwise it is very straightforward.
if you don’t need the digi I/O card, you could sell that separately for about half what you paid in total. they are very rare and in demand. [/quote]
Oh no I definitely wanted the digital I/O that thing is going directly into my S/PD port on my Saffire pro for all the glorious easy Stereo connect. Also means I can connect my Virus and Moog in stereo as well.

i dont know if anyone has mentioned this but midi sequencing on the MD is pretty awesome. I do love the rytm, but if i had to choose between the two its the MD all the way.

I do like the rytm better as a sampler honestly however kind of sad that it did not have an external in so you could use the scenes as a filter bank for other signals…

Curious how you settled on a pre-usb device as having decent integration into FL studio?

I would have suggested an MPC, maybe a 1000 since it has USB and reads modern storage media and formats - something to consider if you sell the rs.

I feel it is hands down the best sequencer ever made - especially when you consider it’s still in active development thanks to JJOS, which is like something out of a sci-fi novel how advanced it is.

Regardless, good luck - you don’t see a lot of rs7ks being used so I’m curious and happy for variety in the world.

Curious how you settled on a pre-usb device as having decent integration into FL studio?

I would have suggested an MPC, maybe a 1000 since it has USB and reads modern storage media and formats - something to consider if you sell the rs.

I feel it is hands down the best sequencer ever made - especially when you consider it’s still in active development thanks to JJOS, which is like something out of a sci-fi novel how advanced it is.

Regardless, good luck - you don’t see a lot of rs7ks being used so I’m curious and happy for variety in the world.[/quote]
Hey Jeffe, I love PC integration, but the ability to pick it up and go play somewhere trumped the PC integration. I can have the studio integration with the Digital Expansion board the one I got comes with, through my Saffire and just do it old school way of separate output to tracks.
I also wasnt expecting to get the RS7000 auction but I did, so I went with it.

1 Like

Good call then - yea an audio cable is usually the only pc integration I need.

Have fun with it.

Gosh Help me trying to figure out how to make the bloody thing work right -.- I think it is a little confusing… I can see the power of it tho if I can work it, but also maybe considering just selling it… Its a really nice conditioned model, like nothing is faded or worn out… Some minor scratches but that shows how old they are…