Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.08 Released [ Unofficial ]

Can confirm that it works with a Roland UM-One. Don’t use home brand MIDI-USB adaptors, ever.

This one I’ve successfully used multiple times to transfer SysEx and other use cases as well (PC, iPad etc.):

1 Like

as long as we are confirming single cables. The MIO and its usbC counterpart work as well.

It would be nice if the one-square envelope shape had a slightly softer attack and release. Currently when used to open and close volume it is a bit clicky.

Greetings nauts,

I seek the knowledge… Do I get any feature loss if I update directly from 1.63 to X.06?? Should I start at a different version?
Ive got a megacommand on the way and have put off this update for too long…
Not sure if this is inappropriate for this thread?

Thank you in advance

Welcome to the forum!

No.

2 Likes

thank you

Works with the ESI MIDIMATE eX.

https://www.esi-audio.com/products/midimateex/

2 Likes

Hi,
Have a problem (most probably doing something wrong as I just installed everything).

• I have Megacommand (4.11) connected to my MD (x.06), all seems to be fine, I can see that MD and MC are talking to each other.
  • I am in the MC mode on MD (both lights are on).
  • I put some trigs on MD (can see them turning on in MC)
  • When I click “play” on MD, I see the first trig (1/“BD”) lights up quickly and that’s it, the sequencer is not running.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks!

yo, what MD is it? mk1 or 2?

in the config menu - midi settings what is your clk rec port? needs to be 1 to receive clock from md (but that should be default so this maybe something else)

2 Likes

Rec port was indeed 2 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Thanks!!

2 Likes

Quick Question; I’m seeing a bunch of Machinedrums pop up second hand, ranging from 900 to 1800. The MK1, then the MK2, MK2 +. So there’s 3. The MK2 can Sample. But I am struggling to find what the other differences are.

1 Like

(deleted bullshit).

1 Like

not all mk2s can sample. check the surrounding of screen ( just black= no sampling, black fading to white= sampling)

2 Likes

not all mk1s can’t sample

5 Likes

MK2 is just a newer Version. If its additionally labeled UW(Userwave) or UW+ it can sample. The ones labeled only SPS-1 can’t.

2 Likes

Damn, sorry for spreading wrong information. I don’t know what I was on.

1 Like

the + versions also let you have multiple “projects” and sample banks.

Hi Justin
I have just bought a Machinedrum. Would it be possible for you to implement “Direct Jump” (Analog Rytm feature) in a future firmware?

3 Likes

Cool if you could use one Input for Clock Trigger to advance the Sequencer one step a trigger or even finer. :wink:

4 Likes