Make Noise 0-CTRL

Eager for this one, wanna use it along with my DFAM and my TTSH.

Ordered one, can’t wait to join it with its brother for offgrid rythms and atonal notes :slight_smile:

Yeah, @chiasticon was very interested in this topic

1 Like

NICE! so are you getting one, or did you?

again, happy to be wrong on this one! :metal:

:sunglasses:

It’s definitely on my radar. Too much good stuff released recently.

I suppose because HZ/Volt is non linear you would find the knob to have less octave range but I bet it is still plenty, if you tried using the korgs keyboard to transpose the oscillator with the sequence running I think it might throw off the ratios between the knobs which is really the only limitation I can think of.

I would not use the Korg’s keyboard, in the scenario depicted in the Instagram video.

As noted in the Instagram, 0-CTRL notes are not quantized so any attempt to transpose its sequence with any synth might not produce the results that you may expect.

If the O-CRTL is sending a sequence to the 0-Coast and a midi keyboard is connected to the 0-Coast and a key is pressed, what happens?

1 Like

to have a wider range of sound it is better

two 0-COAST

or

0-COSTA and 0-CTRL

Making a connection in a semi-modular synth (0-Ctrl to 0-C CV in) breaks the premade connection (midi to cv in).

HOWEVER, if you put the cv out from 0-Ctrl and the midi out into the mixer than into the cv in on the 0-C the midi will roughly transpose the notes. Adjust the attenuators on the mixer to control the amount of transposition.

Its unquantized notes but it is scaled like standard eurorack CV so transposing with in a standard CV system keeps the ratios between your notes the same as it scales evenly.

I still don’t understand why you wouldn’t just use a normal sequencer if you need transpose that badly.

I have a Korg SQ-1 that I could use for normal sequencing.

I dunno I have found it handy so far when using it, but I guess it depends how you want to use it, its quite an open sequencer or even a pretty cool oscillator if you want it to be. For me transposition is a good way to stretch much more variation out of short 8 step sequences, its not like transposition is unmusical on unquantized pitches, they stay unquantized and you can move the sequence in musical ratios. Or you can take normal sequencer and make a normal bass line and then go in on top with the 0-ctrl and make microtonal variations that get sequenced on top and tracks with the pitch. There are plenty of other things that don’t involve transposition I use it for but I do find transposition pretty handy.

Ok fair enough.

Do you have a 0-CTRL now?

I’d use SQ-1 for quantized pitch sequencing and 0-CTRL for the weird stuff. I like to start with stupid simple setups before getting too deep into the weeds. No I still have no intention of using the Korg’s keyboard to transpose - the 0-CTRL anyway.

Yeah, I’ve had it a few weeks now, really fun way to mix it up and add in strange feeling tempos and melodies and such. Only thing I can really complain about is the lack of a power switch.

1 Like

Nice!

Sadly, any equipment acquisition continues to be on hold for me. Trying to make the best of it.

1 Like

Late to the party on this but it is very much a mash up of the Serge TKB and the Buchla MARF.

Received an email that mine is on its way… i know what to do this weekend. (Although i never have a problem of not knowing what to do :wink:

1 Like

Been slowly trying 0-CTRL with various hardware. Pretty fun with the system 1m as its internal portamento setting lets you add a touch of glide and its weird digital wave forms are good fun. The 1M might be on the chopping block though I don’t really use it much these days.

1 Like

Anyone rocking the 0-control specifically with the Tape and Microsound Machine/system?

Vids/audioclips or general chit chat appreciated…

I’m seriously jonesing for this little sequencer and may need a friendly ‘push’ :wink:

1 Like