Make Noise/Soundhack Spectraphon

Potentially new Make Noise product, the long awaited possible 0-tape?

11 Likes

Uhhhhhhhhh

Whelp last time I tune into any MN “premiere”

7 Likes

Well, that was disappointing. But it’s Superbooth soon so we’ll just have to wait a little bit longer.

6 Likes

lol

2 Likes

So was it just someone’s video art project, then?

7 Likes

Agreed hahah, they lost me with that tbh

1 Like

I want my money back.

7 Likes

haha certainly was, I’m guessing this is a module and not a standalone thing… but that I suppose is a wild guess. Can’t say this tease is gonna get me to tune in live for when ever there next video is.

2 Likes

Sigh, this doesn’t seem like an 0-tape to me, rather the reversal that’s everywhere in the hints seems to be happening in the stereo field, some sort of phase-shift/delay/reversal thing. Doesn’t seem like a filterbank/vocoder/spectral thing at first glimpse to me, either. For whatever reason working in stereo has just never been that interesting a facet of sound design to me personally…

2 Likes

Yeah sounded like XPO to me…no sign of any musique concrete that would indicate an 0-Tape…

2 Likes

This year I changed my setup to stereo and really does make a world of difference for a mix but yes I do find it involves a lot of hassle.

1 Like

Spain no S

wogglebug mk2 or 3? look at the symbols at the end of the video. There is 1 with the woggle cv

but could also be some sort of chord oscillator because thats more than 1 voice to my ears.

And somehow 1 symbol reminds me of the Teleharmonic.

1 Like

Of all the new and interesting sounds you can make with Make Noise gear they went with 3 minutes of that…

Cool.

5 Likes

Yes. Very same sounding.

4 Likes

From around 2:02 there’s some cool stereo stuff going on - I suspect that’s part of the whole 1/2 A/B stuff that’s being alluded to. I really like the sounds from that point on in the video, quite a lot going on sonically.

Their last release was XPO which is a stereo oscillator, and they have QPAS as the stereo filter - doesn’t sound much like an effect. Doesn’t sound like it’s being filtered by QPAS though to me - so could even be a different filter (sounds thicker to me).

Could be it!

Virt Iter Legio has stereo phase modulation which is very cool, I don’t think that XPO can do that? I’m thinking based on the sound source and the filtering that it could even be a complete stereo voice - perhaps a desktop module that’s focused more on stereo. I’m a big fan of stereo personally so I’d be intrigued.

1 Like

is that just 1 strega at the end of the video? What do you think?

Dunno, I was asleep by then.

7 Likes

or maybe just a dual strega module :slight_smile:

the dual Stregharmonic

I thinks a symetrical wave folder/wave shaper.

1 Like