Make Noise/Soundhack Spectraphon

This! A pseudo-poly replacement for Telharmonic?

I didnā€™t hear anything resembling a telharmonic, though. On the other hand, Iā€™ll admit that I skipped a chunk.

1 Like

Dual osc of some sort?

1 Like

I just need this new product to navigate the narrow passage between ā€œWow thatā€™s super coolā€ and ā€œI donā€™t need to buy that.ā€ Iā€™m liking all the ideas around a pseudo-poly osc, wave-folder/-shaper, etc. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be stereo to complement the last few releases (XPO, Mimeophon, QPAS, X-Pan).

For folks who are eager to get an 0-Tape, come on over to the Your Modulars thread and weā€™ll get you sorted out. Get yourself a small case, a Morphagene, a little filter and delay, input/outputā€¦ Oh god weā€™re already up to $3k in costs.

11 Likes

maybe just a skateboard from their new insta video?

or kind of Anti Behringer??

anyway, looking forward to meet A + B at the superbooth :wink:

1 Like

I donā€™t like to stoke the flames of hatred unless I absolutely have to, but Make Noise dropping three minutes of occasionally impenetrable sound collage as a information-free teaser is the perfect antidote to the Behringer Abacus news, and I am prepared to not be disappointed.

4 Likes

Delayed due to the bead shortage

3 Likes

Beads clone and Half-Life 2 confirmed.

2 Likes

There was another short preview of sounds and 0-Ctrl-esque graphics on Instagram. I donā€™t have it so canā€™t link it. But it highlighted A + B and Slide during the video. 0-Tape is still on!

1 Like

Has anyone played the video in reverse to get the secret message yet?

4 Likes

Somebody explain to me wtf that was? I thought this was to be a reveal? Am I mistaken?

Never mind. You already did.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CryhT9lty8I/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

5 Likes

Now thatā€™s even more exciting. A 0-style touch control for a head and it ends with a deck, just like what tapes have. If this is some kind of desktop Morphagene, my financial responsibility streak is likely over.

4 Likes

Okay yeah forget what I said, weā€™ve got ā€œSlideā€ confirmed, 0-Tape incoming.

Reading some of those comments reminds me of this Black Dynamite scene.

I want to believe that Make Noise was getting ready to make the reveal, saw the Behringer Abacus drop, and decided to scrap the project and immediately start work on a new 2 osc, with delay, and multi-mode filter, semi modular device called the Hadron to get even.

4 Likes

3 minutes Iā€™ll never get back.
My own fault really. It had make noise in the title.

2 Likes

Manā€¦I hope its an update to their erbe-verb that will take stereo in. I like a designated MN Reverb with all the fixinā€™s, but Iā€™m working with so many stereo signals its mono in is KILLING ME

2 Likes

Watching a Make Noise product teaser makes me feel as silly as watching what would end up being the Syntakt teaser videos.

ā€œNEW and EXCITING sounds!ā€

ā€œI dunno. It sounds a lot like the Model Cy-ā€

ā€œNEW AND EXCITING SOUNDS!!!ā€

4 Likes

From the way the notes are sliding around and the amount of modulation, it sounds like it is all being controlled from pressure pads. My guess is a synth that had modulation controlled from touch connections with a sliding note keyboard of some kind.

Watching this and Iā€™m doubling down on my belief that its a reverb module that can tackle the stereo functionality of their QPAS and xDCO.

I meanā€¦it HAS to be, RIGHT?!

Or do they expect all Make Noise new modules to resort to Mimeophon for reverb duties?!

Right?! RIGHT?!

(Seriously, I want it- maybe with a few stereo tricks of its own)

1 Like