Make Noise/Soundhack Spectraphon

lols. nice james cigler for 1 frame about 20 seconds in. he did the OG makenoise videos for the pressure points and brains.

4 Likes

They keep this shit up they risk disappointing the audience with what they release because the device the audience created with their imaginations is going to be way cooler.

7 Likes

Think this is a really good point because it’s definitely something a lot of manufacturers have suffered. The use of sounds and visuals for teasers “accidentally” leads to us promising something occasionally more exciting.

This is what I loved about the minifreak drop, didn’t give me time to think of what it should be and ended up appreciating it a lot more for what it really was.

1 Like

I love this video.
I’d love a rectangular semi-desktop form factor.
I love Make Noise semi-modulars.
:heart: Make Noise.

12 Likes

:notes: Make Noise! Make Noise! :notes:
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: :goat:

1 Like

The more I think about it the more I think this is it, not that it totally narrows it down. I’m not convinced they’d have these kinds of teasers for a module, feels like too much hype. It’s kind of reminiscent of the Taiga teasers.

My bet is on some kind of stereo effects counterpart to their existing semi-modular family, or something more standalone like Cascadia that attempts to be a self-contained instrument

1 Like

Anyone that was put off by that teaser should just stop following this.

I joke, I say this greedily cause I don’t want you all crowding the ‘order’ button when it comes out.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Lots of references to field recording, repetition, speed changes and reversal - does strongly imply looper/tape stuff! I think it’ll have a mic.

2 Likes

I expect it’ll act like a tascam tape machine, similar uses to the way Cortini uses his with the intention of being more out of other devices e.g obviously Strega in particular

1 Like

I think its a mixer

3 Likes

its def the long awaited elektron performance mixer with sequencer, fx, faders and individual out

4 Likes

I think it a crossfader

1 Like

3 Likes

Esion Edam

6 Likes

at the 5 minute mark, there lurks a 0- device in the ambient light.
it seems like it only has one big white knob, which none of the other 0- devices have.

3 Likes

Such “Planet Nine” vibes!

1 Like

Skcollob era sresaet.

14 Likes

Listening again to the main video with fresh ears, I do like most of the sounds here, the modulating harmonies almost like a stereo take on Verbos’s harmonic oscillator sort of sound, but the apparent 3- and 4-note chords don’t make much sense of the A and B and tape-oriented hints

1 Like

Yeah and using the 0-Ctrl man/symbol is odd for 0-Tape speculations too. So maybe this is more of a “poly” sound generator (desktop or module) with 0-Ctrl touch plates for playing it? I can imagine a Make Noise Lyra in a way. My other thought is that this is a new stereo module that will be part of a stereo system to replace the System Cartesian.

1 Like