Make Noise/Soundhack Spectraphon

I keep thinking about the radio in this teaser from Make Noise’s twitter:

https://twitter.com/makenoisemusic/status/1651639071117123610?cxt=HHwWtIC9sYC_5ustAAAA

The radio has been their go-to symbol for ring modulation (because of how radio signals work), also referenced on this awesome shirt Walker is wearing:

What if “A” and “B” are the signal and carrier for a ring mod effect? In keeping with their recent product lineup, could this be stereo ring modulation? (Is that a thing?)

5 Likes

I hope it is something to compete with cascadia and syntryx 2.

1 Like

You ever wonder if companies just make up random shit to get people talking about the upcoming product? What if the only real clue is the A + B thing, and all these videos that people are going all Charlie Day on is just filler because they’ve run out of marketing ideas.
It is entertaining to read some of the ideas people have.
A lot of it is pretty sound.

3 Likes

I believe that was kind of Cortinis original idea for a collab product so it is possible?

I don’t have a 0-Ctrl but the pad the man relates to looks like it relates to the clock? I know they use similar rings for clock inputs too.

Edit: Ah that’s the start/stop button! It’s got to be a recording/playback device there are just so many hints to that now I’d be confused if it wasnt

3 Likes

I mean, I guess the Instagram post sounded nice

1 Like

Make noise liked my comment I will indeed cry if they make this happen I’m built for this

2 Likes

They’re liking a lot of comments smh I felt special

3 Likes

In the IG video there’s also 2 instances of 2 sine waves out of phase with each other around when it says slide.

Same symbol is in the video game too.

Edit: Years of Noise video has a ton of references to sine waves and this is specifically referenced:

… where a and b are constants and g is a fixed function

4 Likes

That’s a hard kick to the gut. Sorry for the heartbreak.

Another oblique hint on instagram. The hashtags are not #semimodular or #desktop or #0format, alas…

4 Likes

Don’t seem to tag the other posts with those either so there’s still some hope

1 Like

Has Makenoise gained focus in 2023?

11 Likes

:rofl:

It’s like they’re trolling us specifically.

5 Likes

Clock input.

A/B

check the references to a capitalized “Zone” in their posts

It’s gonna be a Soundhack collab and a new dope effect (I’m guessing)

7 Likes

That K is bothering me. I was thinking Clock but we don’t see the second C there. Crosstalk, maybe?

You see the top of L and K

2 Likes

Haven’t you owned like 27 0-Coast’s? Clock is CLK.

6 Likes

Enhance 224 to 176, track 45 right, give me a hard copy right there.

9 Likes

Probably a milk input which it then churns into a butter smooth sound

3 Likes