Make Noise/Soundhack Spectraphon

Sign me up! I had a cow on the balcony for a while but it disappeared last week. Make Noise is gonna save my beef.

1 Like

I think depth of field may be a clue looking at the photo, and a lens reverseā€™sā€¦ :man_shrugging:

Hang it up boys. Its a stereo reverb module.

3 Likes

Stereo Erbe-Verbe?

3 Likes

Another video with polyphonic/harmonic sounds, this time as nice pads played from 0Ctrl. More glimpses of the panel (with A/B and the ||||| graphic from the stick figures), and in one shot rack screws and the centered MN logo are visible, so Iā€™m now guessing itā€™s a ~32hp harmonic-oscillator-type module.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr_Q8pFPfsg/

3 Likes

So an oscillator based onā€¦ sine waves in some granular way - maybe 2 pairs of sines that can be detuned + split left and right (like qpas)ā€¦ with Focus for detuning or smearing of the window while Zone provides some time based manipulation ofā€¦ IDK I lost myself a bit.

1 Like

Anyway to view insta without an account? When someone posts an insta video on Lines, I can watch it. Here, it just leads to a dead page :frowning:

Edit: works on Chrome, just not Safari

2 Likes

I can see it w/o an account.

2 Likes

Your default browser isnā€™t Chrome?

SHUN THIS MAN! :grinning:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not super familiar with it, but that kinda sounds like it could be the XPO as a sound source?

Good point that it could be running through a different sound source (though if it were 0-format Iā€™d be surprised that they wouldnā€™t use the 0Coast or Strega with it). The middle module there is a little too wide (measuring off 0Ctrl) to be XPO I think. I think it sounds very nice, but this vid has bashed my remaining hopes for an 0-tape this time aroundā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m still betting on a 18hp stereo effect of some kind to match XPO, likely with ring mod involved because of the radio clues.

I should just send some of you my Morphagene so you spend a couple weeks with it and pull all your hair out and abandon your 0-Tape fantasies.

6 Likes

Maybe a harmonizer! ā€œSlideā€ could make sense in that context.

Abandon my 0 tape fantasies, never!!

2 Likes

I think 32hp is a very good guess.

The 0-types are 45hp. This is definitely smaller.

I have XPO so itā€™s not that (unless as a sound source) and I donā€™t know of any other of their modules that are that wide.

Iā€™m very curious to see what this could be especially if it really does occupy 32hp or more.

I still think this is an effect/processor, granular in natureā€¦ something to maybe compliment Morphagene and Mimeophon?

*EDIT: Rene is 34hp, but the Make Noise symbol is not centered like it is here.

Could it be the synths sounds we hear are from one slice or grain and it just sounds that good?

1 Like

Okayā€¦to step away from my insistence that its a erbA-verbB(which is so totally is)

What could make that panned Slide sound from their insta animation?

This comment is udderly ridiculous.

3 Likes

This is no joke. He literally did this for me and that was the result.

8 Likes

Lucky duck. I took a chance and all it did was confirm my impression - very fun functionality trapped behind an awful UI.

3 Likes

Yeah. I still want something like Morphagene, but with all the annoyances (which are considerable) fixed. Nothing out there so far, as far as I can tell.

2 Likes