Make Noise/Soundhack Spectraphon

Yeah, i had watched the Sonic State / Matt Hodson one, and considered posting that. And I watched the Spectraphon 101 one too, good, long, and clinical.

I picked this one …

Which is exactly that quite happily “fumbling” part, rather than a polished Loopop video. Spectraphon will be a module i could quite happily fumble with.

I was thinking of the Honeymoon Divorce thread, with people buying stuff and immediately returning it because they don’t learn how to use it. I bet the Spectraphon gets returned a lot.

Definitely, which is part of the reason I mentioned the sonic state video. It still sounds like mysterious descriptions… I think it’ll affect a few that don’t branch out to other reviews/demos.

I’m sure some are not going to appreciate the results they get, but that’ happens with anything new.

Agreed. In these situations, I’d probably prefer something like Fumana which does spectral transfer.

(Fumana) 42hp! I just put together a possible future rack using Erica Synth’s Black Sequencer also 42hp.

Hainbach’s report:

Lovely stuff here, even as I realize this module is far more suited to his or Sarah Belle Reid’s styles of music than to my own in the foreseeable future…

5 Likes

42hp and 1000€. Their new Cunsa (quad resonant filter) has the same specs. Fantasy gear. There are a couple of spectral resynthesis modes in a user firmware for Versio that I hope to explore for no extra $$$ or hp, and who knows, maybe I will gird my GitHub loins and attempt to improve on it.

Only 0:25 in, but I have to pause and say: wait, did MN send him the entire modular skiff? (If they did, I’m impressed that they didn’t put a Morphagene in.)

2 Likes

Yeah, interesting choice to go Mimeophon instead (which he calls noisy, sigh … been talking myself into and out of giving that one a try)… presumably the model here is as a sort of fx rack, I like it. Shoulda said “Lovely skiff here”

1 Like

I guess they figured he had no shortage of interesting sound sources and could make his own arrays in a flash. Which he did.

Maybe I should start wearing more sweaters. Wrong season, alas.

1 Like

Heinbach and Cinematic Laboratory have the best explanations for using it as a processor. I think CL covers more with focus and slide… I think I’m leaving another video out, but those two cover lots.

Heinbach’s is only 14 minutes and covers quite a bit of ground (while also talking about the other modules in the skiff).

1 Like

I’m guess it’s a pure HP thing. But I was so convinced this was the latest system that I had to go check if it was real on the MN site. Alas, you wouldn’t be able to put this lot together brand new without having a silver Maths fucking it up. I wish MN just made everything black.

5 Likes

Audio Parasites make a black and gold Maths. I have the Maths and ErbeVerbe B&G

1 Like

looks like make noise sent him Mimeophon with old firmware) Latest firmware significantly reduce noise

Hainbach probably downpatched so he could have more noise to wax nostalgic about.

Per Mr. Lidell, "The Make Noise Spectraphon can transform and reveal many a hidden world contained in all the sounds we make.

Rather than present a breakdown of this wonderful module, I thought I’d hit you with a no talking special where I set the beast against drums, keys and voice to form a little Transonic Trio.

In the last track, all the vocal effects are coming from the Spectraphon :)"

3 Likes

!?

Did they stop offering it in black?

[noise from Mimeophon? dont hear noise from mine :thinking:]

They only sell it in black when you stump up the cash for the Shared System Plus or the other Systems. You cannot and never could buy it from them in black as an individual module.

2 Likes

AH!

see what happens when you assume
ive just seen them on Reverb, so I ASSuMEd. :man_facepalming:t6:

adding: and its a listing on MODGRID. they should indicate that its not available solo.
they probably do and I missed the too

1 Like

Yeah and usually those Reverb sellers know it’s largely unobtainium so they charge accordingly :frowning:

the silver can be helpful tho. I had Morphagene, Telharmonic* and Mimiephon side by side for a time…and id patch shit into the wrong module thinking it was the other one :slight_smile:

could be beneficial to paint a thin white line down one side of each black MN mod, for someone like me.

*unsure it was Telharmonic, but it was a third black one

1 Like