Make Noise Strega

15 Likes

Yeah. And seemingly an amplifier on the circuit too, so it can boost. That makes it much more useful than the 0-coast input.

2 Likes

Yeah, but it has a worse attitude

I like the tone of it and the form factor just wish it had midi sync so I could synchronise it to my other gear, I love these type of boxes but none of them seem to have any midi clock sync, I’ve currently got this drone box from Resonance circuits that has built in delay but again they are free form boxes designed for playing with live as an instrument

3 Likes

Very cool,

Unfortunately I’ll have to pass as I had a crazy deal on a Lyra-8 earlier this month.

Still, love my 0-coast and the vid inspired me to get a 0-cntrl haha.

Anyways, not enough space in the studio anymore unless I make a mount for all three.

1 Like

I have two 0-Coast, Medusa and Rytm’s DVCO. Massive is not my problem. Fitting things in a mix is :blush:

8 Likes

This thread put the idea of a 0-Tape in my head and then crushed my dreams.
I know it’s silly to be disappointed for someone entirely hypothetical but I can’t afford that Microsound system :’(

1 Like

This doesn’t sound like the thing that fits in a mix. It sounds like it is the mix.

5 Likes

We should start a thread for building awesome tape/microsound-based modular rigs in smaller cases with more affordable modules than the official Make Noise prebuilt!

I too am obsessed with that thing and would love to chat more about it. I’ve got many ideas in modular grid for how to somewhat recreate it in a 62hp palette case but I know there are people who are lots more knowledgable than me about modular / how to make it work.

2 Likes

I’m curious about the video tomorrow.

I think you can hear a little bit of Strega on Cortini and Avery’s “illusion of time” album. Or is it just me?

1 Like

Love it. Brilliant. Douze Points!

You need a mixer :joy:

1 Like

I’m mixed up now.

It’s live now on Alehan’s Instagram

1 Like

Never mind… it was posted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, i’m going to compare the two definitely.

Are there any smaller shops that i can preorder from without having my CC charged first?

1 Like

Re the 0-Tape, if MN follows the chatter here or YT maybe elsewhere, I think it’s pretty clear to them now how high the demand is for it.

Honestly if you take out the osc and put in a granular sampler on the Strega you would get pretty close.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a throw down at the drone dome to see which synth reigns supreme.

1 Like

I really like the sounds of the Strega and it looks insane :smiley: Want to hear more but if it’s anything like the 0-Coast you can probably patch it up to do even more crazy things.

There is an interesting thing going on in Cortinis instagram stream right now. Some softer sequenced tones. Those oscillators sound great.

2 Likes