Make Noise Strega

this has probably a similar effect.
:+1: to make noise, cortini and the discussion here

2 Likes
2 Likes

wow this is the first thing they’ve done that, to me, is a total miss. :frowning:

2 Likes

Uh huh. :sketchy:

2 Likes

it’s like a ciat-lonbarde cocoquantus (or one of the less featured variants) for normies

3 Likes

Sounds nice to me! As with any synths, it’s a curated box if tools. It doesn’t necessarily have to sound the same in one’s hands as it does in another’s. It will sound like Cortini in Cortini’s hands. (good thing IMO) and it will sound like you in your hands. I think it’s an excellent addition in this series. If I didn’t build this kind of thing myself, I’d buy the trio in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

first time in a long time I’ve seen new gear from a cool vendor that is right in the heart of being peculiar, and I don’t like it. It’s me. I think I’m aging ungracefully during lock down.

First I saw the announcement I thought I hope this has something to do with sample-mangling in an 0coast jacket.

not clicking for me anyhow

I’m intrigued by it. Looking forward to more audio/video examples. Definitely sounds witchy. It would have been nice if it had a midi input like the 0-Coast. It also would have been nice if it was priced the same as the 0-Coast. Maybe they don’t expect to sell as much of these so that’s why it costs $100 more than the 0-Coast?

1 Like

The amount of disappointment in this thread is surprising. To me, this is peak makenoise.

6 Likes

ugh… that’s just a white dude singing through a 9-dollar delay. Been there, done that.

that folding circuit though… wow!

2 Likes

Agreed, digging it.

1 Like

It could because Cortini was a collaborator and gets paid as well. Sort of like the OB-6 is more expensive than the Prophet 6. Also, could just be due to manufacturing price increases since the 0-Coast was released about 5 years ago. Elektron gear seems to keep going up over time. The Digitakt has increased in range of $100 - $150 since it was released 3-4 years ago.

1 Like

I would also think that the pandemic is doing tricks both to parte cost and their assembly capacity. Almost half of their modules are out of stock with a four month delivery schedule projected at major retailers. So they might need to make money where they can.

4 Likes

This is the company that popularized vactrols and sideband demodulation circuits. It seems right in line to include a weird cheap component and build an artful interface for it that looks like an inverted constructivist painting.

Has Makenoise ever signaled that they were interested in making a vanilla version of anything? Probably not if Tony Rolando has a say in it.

16 Likes

Yeah that interface is beautiful. I think all their stuff is, but this one is particularly pleasant.

5 Likes

I find a lot of the sounds to be beautiful, emotional. This is really tempting :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I agree. I’m a sucker for shoegaze and this is really approaching that territory. I don’t know how a dramatic wall of sound can feel more intimate than an acoustic guitar and good lyrics but sometimes it just does. I love everything about this instrument but the price is hard to justify for me. In fact, if I really would consider this instrument at this price then I might as well spend a bit more and buy a Lyra 8 which seems like a more fully featured version of Strega :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I fear that’s a 600$ one-trick pony

hides his 303

14 Likes

Yeah, I think so too. Not sure it will fit into my music, but there’s something about sounds that are just on the edge of breaking apart that really appeal to me (my favourite patch on the Grandmother uses the spring reverb as an FM source, which also has that haunting kind of on the edge of tearing apart / noisy but still musical quality). It is quite expensive so not jumping on a pre-order just yet, but I will probably cave I think

1 Like

Modular is for multi-trick ponery. (new word :smiley: )

Multiple one trick ponies is called a studio I believe. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe that should be the term for real ponies too.

A studio of ponies!

3 Likes