Make Noise Strega

Not sure if those are touch plates are lights like on the O Coast’s mixer. Definitely seems like a Buchla inspired wavefolding oscillator, sort of like the 259e, but Make Noise’s interpretation. I’m ready for Wednesday.

1 Like

My suspicion confirmed!

Unless “cappuccino” and “macchiato” are not truly Italian in origin, in which case my world would be turned upside down.

I was hoping for the 0-Tape too, makes sense to do a Morphagene type thing in the 0 format, by the looks of it I don’t think thats what it is though. Looks intriguing though. The 0 Cntrl is fantastic, it’s served me more purposes than I even thought it would.

2 Likes

Heavy on the delay in the new IG story.

3 Likes

Also sign up for the Premiere:

7 Likes

I’m just going to be making a lot of popcorn between now and Wednesday. Bags of it.

3 Likes

t/F = track and follow - so an envelope follower of some sort?
time/Frequency - ??
who knows

2 Likes

Time / feedback?

1 Like

I see two different t/F’s on the images. Maybe a Tuning/Frequency for each oscillator?

Yeah but one just has an an arrow out (and maybe a line coming into it the out to the pad below) so I’m assuming feeds into the gold arrow on the other pic - which seems to indicate the attenuator controls some sort of feedback loop.

My guess is it can process external sounds, maybe the envelopes can shape it, there may be some sort of (analog?) memory/bbd delay style looper that can then be chopped somehow, maybe it also generates a tone that can be waveshaped, you can blend between internal and external?

2 Likes

That one t/F makes me think it is a fine tune, or tune/Fine, or tracking/Fine. It comes right after that large knob with the small calibration screw, which on the 0-Coast is the main tuning, or pitch knob.

The other one, with the square around it, makes me think it has something to do with the dual oscillator setup having a modulation oscillator, and a complex oscillator. Maybe a frequency setting for the modulation oscillator? Tracking/Frequency? Could still be a fine tune for one of the oscillators, with the little square letting you know which one?

1 Like

I have to think that the F in the “t/F” graphics is feedback, especially since there is the little white arrow that loops around the top like a path from the output to the input. Maybe it’s “thru / feedback” or tuned feedback? At least we don’t have to wait long to find out.

2 Likes

Maybe, but that could be adjust input sensitivity or something, too.

We know we have two things feeding into a small strength knob feeding into an attenuator with gold t/f out, this seems to be top left corner in the “Pantera” pic - so two inputs in?

There’s also a second gold t/f out (above a circle that has to do wih the “choppy” out next to the triangle wave out).

These feed into an attenuator that seems to be a feedback loop - maybe t/F is just a fancy way of saying feedback (so a delay?)

We also have Tones, Activation, Blend, Decay and an envelope section w/ trigger in and probably a dynamics control.

lol yes probably feedback!

1 Like

0-ne thing’s for sure, we are all Making Noise here.
Wed-nes will be a day.

its a pez dispenser

tones is with a lower case t, and Filter is with an upper case F, so maybe just tones/Filter.

1 Like

Or maybe it’s just directions, to/Filter. Everything with that mark goes to the filter. You get lost, just go to the filter, and everything will be fine there.

1 Like

Huh didnt see that pic yeah so if going to filter then thats some sort of resonance/feedback control. I also see absorb in that pic. Some sort of external granular processor/looper/effect thing then?