Me and my Fusion System

There’s some subtle Lyra in the background that comes in after a minute or so and a little bit of Quadraverb on a send.

1 Like

That sounds pretty good man! How’d you record it, direct in line & no post processing?

Straight into a Zoom H4n pro. No post processing.

2 Likes

Bob Ross meets Erica synths👍 The wonderful world of youtube. Also recently I discovered the tasting/reviewing whisky on yt scene.

2 Likes

Here ya go: feel free to photoshop onto your desk for proper effect. One proper OG figure and one second-gen.

BTW, I am NOT a fucking hipster–I got DV in 1978 as a kid, and Liam Neeson when the new ones came out as a joke, and they are now bathtub toys for my little boy. I definitely don’t have a whole box full of other OG figures that I’ve saved for 40 years and don’t let my kid anywhere near… :thinking:

4 Likes

Huh, since when are grown men who play with toys hipsters?

Dunno–my wife made me shave my “ironic” mustache ages ago, so I definitely can’t be one…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I had that DV toy when I was a kid.

I’m also pretty sure he got burned at the stake along with all my other star wars and WWF action figures during the Mattel witch trials of '89.

6 Likes

What I love about those OG figures is that they all have body shapes that seem to have been modeled on Bowie circa Thin White Duke. None of that later beefed-up nonsense, thank you very much!

You think too much about action figures.

1 Like

Yeah, well at least I didn’t drop £2k on a hipster modular setup that only does drones :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

£1700, actually.

Which is what I keep having to tell my wife.

2 Likes

Separate bank accounts is my solution…

2 Likes

I hope you bought direct from erica synths, one more system and you will be getting that sweet permanent 5% discount, but once you have that you maybe should use it to buy another system and then you’re getting close to that 7% mark…

One more system and I’ll be getting a divorce.

12 Likes

I believe the first step is to buy a few choice potted succulents

3 Likes

It sounds great. Could’ve been on the Chernobyl (TV series) soundtrack

3 Likes

Thanks, Hildur Guðnadóttir is one of my heroes, so the comparison pleases me greatly.

4 Likes

I don’t know her other stuff, but I enjoyed Chernobyl soundtrack a lot. She won a Oscar for Joker or something didn’t she?

1 Like

Yes, she did I think.

I honestly think that Joker wouldn’t have worked at all if not for her soundtrack. But then you could probably say that about any film.

2 Likes