MegaCommand // MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

Hi there, i try to reccord an Ext Track on Ch. midi 1 to merge an external synth to the MD/MC sequence without success :frowning:
I can play the ext synt in chromatic mode, it works but when i want to reccord in the grid nothing happen. I stoped the sequence and use “MERGE” fonction but it’s also doesn’t work this way.
Anyone any idea ?

i figured it out using a midi machine of the MD, but it need one of the 16 MD track…

Press shift 2 from save menu, it should save the EXT tracks to slots 15-19. merge has no effect for ext tracks.

If you can hold off a few more days, version 3.0 will be available with big improvements in this area.

3 Likes

yes i have pressed S2 to save it from the grid but there is still nothing in the 15-19 slots, i’m wondering why.
Anyway i’ll wait the 3.0 release.
thxs!

Hi Justin, this is awesome!
Can’t wait to have one, for sure you’ve got this request many times…
Do you still send prebuild megacommand?
I also ahave a few questions :
Does it need the turbo midi box in order to use it?
And also I have the normal Md, without +drive, will it work anyway?
Last question : does the megacommand give to the Md more space for samples like the +drive does?
Thanks for your time making the Md even more amazing then ever… :slight_smile:

Hi mbang!
Nice to hear that, can’t wait to have one!
Do you still have one to sell? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course, i have white, black and soon silver-gray ones aswell with a few selectable options, like diffferent colors on buttons, leds and types of encoder knobs.
PM me or send a mail to foo at gmx dot com and i´ll help you out. :slight_smile:

You don’t need a turbomidi device to use the megacommand, afaik it replaces the turbomidi.
Works just fine without +drive.
The megacommand doesn’t store samples and doesn’t expand the MD’s storage space in that regard. There is a waveform editor/designer that allows you to create single cycle waveforms to be uploaded to the md though.

1 Like

Looks like a tiny OT mk1 :heart_decoration:

1 Like

MCL 3.00

It’s done :joy:

15 Likes

Yes! Thank you very much guys.

Youhou!!! :star_struck: :star_struck:
ThXS so much!!! :clap:

Impressive update ! Tks !

Trying it right now and I can already say that the led feedback when in step edit mode is a huuggee improvement !

What has changed to X.03 firmware version?

The readme file is in the fw zip package.

TL;DR:

• MD trig leds now sync with MegaCommand :smiley:
  • [Function]+[Extend] now works with MegaCommand :smiley:
  • Faster kit transmission <-> MegaCommand :smiley:
7 Likes

Congratulations and many thanks! Excited to dive into this.

I’m still on OS 1.70, should I expect any problems jumping to X.03?

Thanks fof the detail on firmware update.
But ,any check for the MD lfo start phase behavior when in hold mode?
I expect lfo to start from the beginning phase of the waveform used when we start the sequencer on MD, instead the lfo start some time from the beginning of waveform other time from an shifted phase position.
Edit: any possible fix on this with the custom firmware?

Thanks for the update, and for your generous and hard work! Christmas came early! :smiley:

Loving the new features and can’t wait to check it all out.

At the moment I’m having a bit of trouble with the MC abruptly rebooting whenever I try to enter Chromatic mode and hit a key with the connected Arturia Keystep 37. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug off some sort?

Hope you can help!

Best, Petter

1 Like

Change log looks good. Now if I only have time to play with it. :confused:
2nd grid will work out nice how I’m redesigning my little live rig.

Thanks for reporting this Petter.

Just released a hotfix.

The bug was related to MIDI Channel of the keystep being greater than the number of available MIDI EXT Tracks.

3 Likes